Chesterfield road closed

Tell you what, if I needed some sort of assistance before an ambulance arrived, I'd be grateful of any help someone was prepared to give. I wouldn't be asking what sort of qualification they had!

Precisely! First Aid is First Aid, regardless of where you had your training. I don't remember seeing a 'bystander first aid' or 'happen to be there first aid'!

Qualified in the work place only ??? or a peramedic. ???

I'd learn how to spell before trying to question someone else's selfless actions.

I was in second car back and gave first aid (yes, i am qualified). Bloke was hit by Taxi at around 21:30. The bloke wasn't drunk before anyone asks.

Had report from hospital before I left the scene that he had no major injuries.

Well done to you !

Ignore the snipers on here - they are the ones who stand gawping and doing nowt.

Why do people have to nitpick over such a selfless act ? Jeezaloo !

Did anyone notice the police BMW sat there with the engine running? Seriously? Anyone could have been in it and away on a serious joy ride!!!!

Most police cars have some sort of system fitted where they can take keys out but can still leave engine running to power blue lights etc,don't know it said system is fitted to all cars though

Did anyone notice the police BMW sat there with the engine running? Seriously? Anyone could have been in it and away on a serious joy ride!!!!

Keyless running, drop the clutch or handbrake and it cuts the engine, simples

Like others on here I assume, the first aid "qualification" I took had no stipulation on where it could be used.

Angel1

When I was a First Aider my company's Public Liability Insurance covered us, like Martini man, anytime any place anywhere not just at work. Not all companies do. It does not mean you can't use your first aid, it just means you may not be covered if something goes wrong.

It's a sorry state when you need to be insured to provide first aid when you're the first on the scene. You shouldn't have to worry about if you'll get sued before trying to save someone's life.

Can someone check if I'm insured please? This person is bleeding to death but I need to ensure I'm insured first.

Ridiculous really.

Thank you for some of the comments, I only included I was first aid qualified as I know some people would question whether I should I should have given first aid.

My qualification was done due to youth work I am involved with & not through work and by a first aid training company.

There is a law called "Samaritans Law" which means you can not be sued as long as you act in the best interest of the patient & to the best of your knowledge (even if you have no first aid knowledge).

It's a sorry state when you need to be insured to provide first aid when you're the first on the scene. You shouldn't have to worry about if you'll get sued before trying to save someone's life.

Can someone check if I'm insured please? This person is bleeding to death but I need to ensure I'm insured first.

Ridiculous really.

I agree but that's the way of the world now unfortunately.

I agree but that's the way of the world now unfortunately.

Is it? Any verifiable (non-hysterical/ non daily mail) links to prove this?