Russell Brand's alternative politics

He sounds just like Hitler did before he seized power. Don't vote for the Weimar regime, get out, organize, action blah blah blah But at least Adolf had an agenda. :hihi:

<Snipped>

George Orwell put it pretty accurately. "They were all equal but some were more equal than others" and that was over 70 years ago when that was written

:huh:And this is ejukashun? More like a rant from a Nuremberg rally.

Nice that you quoted Orwell..then again for his time he was a bit of a visionary, unlike some of the teat sucking admirers of the elite they aspire to.

I have no qualm with those that aspire to improve their lot, what I do object to is those that trample underfoot spouting sycophantic falsities like "we the people", "god bless our people" with the odd baby kiss.:gag: You're probably a prime example of that but you're probably no better or worse than most that do. Although you think you're up there with the greats (the American "I have a pool" dream, bull****) sadly I have to tell you you're not..you're just a simple builder like thousands of other builders who play a round of golf to end out your days. Tell us Harley, who are your heroes? Nam vets? young students standing on the line burning draft cards while the machine thugs murder and beat them senseless? GI Joe? I know that probably rubs you up the wrong way, but who gives a toss.

Career politicians are talent-less individuals with connections, who in turn wipe the backsides of corporate business to feather their nest. They are not the servants of the people, that's just a rhetorical ticket, they are self serving. If you're so thick and blind to it then it's obviously worse than it is.

I'm personally not the greatest admirer of Brand but I do know he has more talent, humour, empathy in his toe clippings than most of the shop dummies you bow to with great servility. You NEED a master..hoo rah! you need someone to look to even if those you look to don't give a toss who or what you are or even exist..they'd easily see you in the grinder (which they frequently do with young 19yr old fodder) should you attempt to take a piece of their action, unless of course you cross their palms with a greasy fast one. You're a great pin-up old fart boy for the NRA and establishment though

But at least Adolf had an agenda

You know, you hide behind "America" "freedom" "democracy" "rights" "amendments" then you spout this apologetic dirge.

He almost wiped out a race or two, but hey! at least he had an agenda. I guess you just think Brand has a long way to go before he can aspire to that. :roll:

Edited by ronthenekred

He blends in superbly with the Hippies , drop outs and squatters from Occupy.

---------- Post added 27-10-2014 at 23:12 ----------

Anyone would think he has a book to sell. :hihi:

On LBC he said the proceeds from his book are going to social causes.

---------- Post added 28-10-2014 at 05:43 ----------

I don't understand why lots of you hate someone whom speaks out about government corruption, their greed and allegiance to big corporations?

He shares the sentiments of those who are trying to make a better fairer society and amplifies their voices, why does this bother you all so much? .

Edited by cardoor

Nice that you quoted Orwell..then again for his time he was a bit of a visionary, unlike some of the teat sucking admirers of the elite they aspire to.

I have no qualm with those that aspire to improve their lot, what I do object to is those that trample underfoot spouting sycophantic falsities like "we the people", "god bless our people" with the odd baby kiss.:gag: You're probably a prime example of that but you're probably no better or worse than most that do. Although you think you're up there with the greats (the American "I have a pool" dream, bull****) sadly I have to tell you you're not..you're just a simple builder like thousands of other builders who play a round of golf to end out your days. Tell us Harley, who are your heroes? Nam vets? young students standing on the line burning draft cards while the machine thugs murder and beat them senseless? GI Joe? I know that probably rubs you up the wrong way, but who gives a toss.

Career politicians are talent-less individuals with connections, who in turn wipe the backsides of corporate business to feather their nest. They are not the servants of the people, that's just a rhetorical ticket, they are self serving. If you're so thick and blind to it then it's obviously worse than it is.

I'm personally not the greatest admirer of Brand but I do know he has more talent, humour, empathy in his toe clippings than most of the shop dummies you bow to with great servility. You NEED a master..hoo rah! you need someone to look to even if those you look to don't give a toss who or what you are or even exist..they'd easily see you in the grinder (which they frequently do with young 19yr old fodder) should you attempt to take a piece of their action, unless of course you cross their palms with a greasy fast one. You're a great pin-up old fart boy for the NRA and establishment though

You know, you hide behind "America" "freedom" "democracy" "rights" "amendments" then you spout this apologetic dirge.

He almost wiped out a race or two, but hey! at least he had an agenda. I guess you just think Brand has a long way to go before he can aspire to that. :roll:

Stupid pillock ! Cant you post any opinion without resorting to insults? :hihi:

I play golf yes but that's better than hanging around Pitsmoor selling my butt for a few quid or for a few Euros if they happen to be tourists :hihi:

---------- Post added 28-10-2014 at 05:12 ----------

I don't understand why lots of you hate someone whom speaks out about government corruption, their greed and allegiance to big corporations?

He shares the sentiments of those who are trying to make a better fairer society and amplifies their voices, why does this bother you all so much? .

Then it's time all the malcontents get off their asses and vote in general elections. I know the mentality of many of todays UK generation. They've been sapped into a feeling of laissez faire and indifference. You talk politics with some of them and it's always the same answer. "oh why should I bother to vote.. they're all the same rotten crowd" That's the worst attitude there is. What was the turn out percentage in the last UK General Election?

Britain is one of the world's oldest democracies and the founder of the parliamentary system of government. You elect an MP representing the party of your choice and by voting you are part of millions who decide which party will rule for so many years. If you're not happy then you don't talk about overthrowing the government that the majority elected. You actively engage your MP in discussions on issues which concern you, meet with him or her when she visits your district, get petitions signed and submitted, make your voices heard not just **** and moan on the keyboard or think that some rich guy like Brand is a Messiah of some sort and who doesn't even have any ideas on what a better society should be.

The ignorance displayed by some on here is almost monumental. Tin pot revolutionaries who probably have never bothered to vote in any election

---------- Post added 28-10-2014 at 05:21 ----------

I know perfectly well what Hitler's agenda was you dumb cluck but at least he had one... evil as it was. Your Mr Brand on the other hand is a damp squib. like a lost fart. floating in a cloud.

I cant seem to get an answer from anyone on exactly what some of his ideas are. Anyone who advises people not to vote has to be one grade up from retarded. I'll bet he spends his evening laughing his head off in the bar of the Savoy hotel when he reads some of the responses to his statement

Edited by Harleyman

Stupid pillock ! Cant you post any opinion without resorting to insults? :hihi:

I play golf yes but that's better than hanging around Pitsmoor selling my butt for a few quid or for a few Euros if they happen to be tourists :hihi:

---------- Post added 28-10-2014 at 05:12 ----------

Then it's time all the malcontents get off their asses and vote in general elections. I know the mentality of many of todays UK generation. They've been sapped into a feeling of laissez faire and indifference. You talk politics with some of them and it's always the same answer. "oh why should I bother to vote.. they're all the same rotten crowd" That's the worst attitude there is. What was the turn out percentage in the last UK General Election?

Why should I vote? What difference will it make? I know you're not in the UK, but you obviously still follow things over here. If there's truly not one person that reflects my views, who do I vote for??

It's not about being lazy. It's the total opposite, in fact! If no one represents my views, I'll actively seek a group of people that do we'll put our heads together, we'll make our voice heard and we'll try out hardest to make a difference ourselves. Compare that to walking to a polling station and sticking an X on a bit of paper and ask me how that is lazy??

---------- Post added 28-10-2014 at 06:51 ----------

I cant seem to get an answer from anyone on exactly what some of his ideas are. Anyone who advises people not to vote has to be one grade up from retarded. I'll bet he spends his evening laughing his head off in the bar of the Savoy hotel when he reads some of the responses to his statement

Dude, how can you type such garbage? (that's American for rubbish).

You can't comment on a person's agenda if you know nothing about it. You've obviously watch none of his programmes or read anything that he's written (I'm not talking about his book, I haven't read that either).

All you've done is read what the press has had to say about him, haven't you?! I can tell this because you'd know why he mentions not voting. Did you read my response where I mention HS2? If you did, then you'd know what Brand is preaching when it comes to taking power back from Westminster, organising on a local level and being active.

Are you actually interested in a debate here? If you are, then you really should look at both sides of the argument before you make yourself look like a fool!

Britain is one of the world's oldest democracies and the founder of the parliamentary system of government. You elect an MP representing the party of your choice and by voting you are part of millions who decide which party will rule for so many years. If you're not happy then you don't talk about overthrowing the government that the majority elected. You actively engage your MP in discussions on issues which concern you, meet with him or her when she visits your district, get petitions signed and submitted, make your voices heard not just **** and moan on the keyboard or think that some rich guy like Brand is a Messiah of some sort and who doesn't even have any ideas on what a better society should be.

The ignorance displayed by some on here is almost monumental. Tin pot revolutionaries who probably have never bothered to vote in any election

Your Mr Brand on the other hand is a damp squib. like a lost fart. floating in a cloud.

I'm afraid it's your ignorance which is on display here.

We may have one of the oldest voting systems in the world, but that is part of the problem. It is hidebound in tradition and the oldboy system of back scratching and heirarchy. It has utterly failed to adapt and move with the times. It is now rigged via the selection process so that we can only vote for more of the same.

Your fine rhetoric about engaging with MPs etc has all been tried (have you never heard of 38 degrees?) and proved ineffective.

Voters now vote with their feet and don't vote at all hence the low turnout at elections. It isn't apathy but lack of choice. Or they grasp desperately for change by voting for parties like Ukip simply because they are different. There is a dangerous undercurrent of anger fermenting here because we are not being listened to.

Russell Brand is simply giving a high profile voice to the discontent that is felt by many, many people who are routinely ignored and treated with utter contempt by the establishment.

I don't particularly like his style, but there is no doubting his passion and ability to voice the problems that are inherant in the system.

You might like to further your 'edukashion' by at least viewing a few of his 'Trews' shows to see what he's on about, before you comment further.

I agree with this , I watched an interview Medi Hassan did with Russell Brand, it was a bit of an eye opener, I have to say I really like the guy, he seems genuine and openly admits that he's no politician and just wants a fairer society.