Grainy/Blurred HD Videos on PC

If I plug a pc into my TV Using a HD Lead and it looks great in full HD. I then plug a HD lead into my pc monitor and it looks rubbish what can the problem be? Re Read the original OP Post! I answered this weeks ago!

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 02:24 ----------

The OP is using a HD lead for both PC & TV!!

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 02:29 ----------

To be honest why they are using A HD lead to connect a PC video card to the PC is beyond me!.

If I plug a pc into my TV Using a HD Lead and it looks great in full HD. I then plug a HD lead into my pc monitor and it looks rubbish what can the problem be? Re Read the original OP Post! I answered this weeks ago!

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 02:24 ----------

The OP is using a HD lead for both PC & TV!!

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 02:29 ----------

To be honest why they are using A HD lead to connect a PC video card to the PC is beyond me!.

I have already emphasised exactly the point where the op posted that he was playing the source video file from a usb stick directly on the TV. This was back in post 4. You will not have it that you are wrong and I have no desire to perpetuate this discussion with you any longer, especially with someone who will not learn from their own mistakes. You appear to be going out of your way to get a rise out of people, not only in this thread but in others in this area. Trolls shouldn't be fed.

Listen we can all bicker all day and night…. Until the OP posts back we are all speculating.

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 02:58 ----------

However I think you will find I was correct from day one as was Cyclone.

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 03:45 ----------

I have already emphasised exactly the point where the op posted that he was playing the source video file from a usb stick directly on the TV. This was back in post 4. You will not have it that you are wrong and I have no desire to perpetuate this discussion with you any longer, especially with someone who will not learn from their own mistakes. You appear to be going out of your way to get a rise out of people, not only in this thread but in others in this area. Trolls shouldn't be fed.

I have no idea who you are. To my knowledge have never replied to anything you have said. Just had a quick look and what drivel you post. Talking nonsense about codec’s?!? lol … Lets say I have the K-Lite Codec Pack. Everything ( Some) still looks rubbish on my PC. But ok on my TV. Is it not amazing that a TV can play more videos of varying formats than a PC. Amazing! That TVs have more codec’s than a modern-day PC. :loopy:

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 03:48 ----------

I think you will find the OP never installed the drivers for his/her new video card and monitor and lets windows make a mess of it.

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 04:02 ----------

Forget about codec’s . What will happen when the Pc monitor is running at a low refresh rate?

I assume you mean HDMI?

What's wrong with using a HDMI cable oh illustrious god-like incarnation who knows more about PCs than everyone in the world ever?

Again, YOU DO NOT NEED DRIVERS FOR MONITORS these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Install an icm color profile if you like but YOU DO NOT NEED DRIVERS FOR MONITORS.

The OP has an AMD (ATi) gfx card and they have Catalyst Control Centre installed (this is mention in the first post), therefore they have AMD drivers installed not Microsoft.

Who do you work for so we all know to avoid taking PCs anywhere near there?

Relax probedb, Billy Mack is just the latest SF incarnation of amberleaf 808, skat man (search SF for posts under these handles, you'll see for yourself immediately) and probably a few others more, and just a wind-up merchant.

Can't you remember him as skat man in this thread? ;)

You won't ever get him to admit he's wrong, you'll just get him to troll you for ever and more (like he's trolled me in post #22 in here, with reference to this old thread).

Other than for the fun of pointing out his new incarnations, the man (?) is best left ignored.

Edited by L00b

Relax probedb, Billy Mack is just the latest SF incarnation of amberleaf 808, skat man (search SF for posts under these handles, you'll see for yourself immediately) and probably a few others more, and just a wind-up merchant.

You won't ever get him to admit he's wrong, you'll just get him to troll you for ever and more (like he's trolled me in post #22 in here, with reference to this old thread).

Other than for the fun of pointing out his new incarnations, the man (?) is best left ignored.

Lol, fair enough,......exactly the same quoting style!

You Still Using That Avatar?!? lol You See What I Allow You To See!!!! :hihi:

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 03:38 ----------

Cease and Desist's avatar. You Not got that yet?? lol

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 03:40 ----------

How hard is this >>>> !!! ?!?! lol

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 03:42 ----------

Just for the record I am not. Just humouring a delusional poster.

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 05:45 ----------

I assume you mean HDMI?

What's wrong with using a HDMI cable oh illustrious god-like incarnation who knows more about PCs than everyone in the world ever?

Again, YOU DO NOT NEED DRIVERS FOR MONITORS these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Install an icm color profile if you like but YOU DO NOT NEED DRIVERS FOR MONITORS.

The OP has an AMD (ATi) gfx card and they have Catalyst Control Centre installed (this is mention in the first post), therefore they have AMD drivers installed not Microsoft.

Who do you work for so we all know to avoid taking PCs anywhere near there?

LOL .... YES YOU DO!! lol Question does your monitor have a menu option? Colour management, Focus, H.position, V.Position, Warm, Cool, Etc… What do you have an old school monitor??

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 05:48 ----------

YES YOU DO . If you want things to run Without a problem..... Or let windows do it for you with Over 2 year old drivers! .

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 06:01 ----------

Question will windows install the correct driver for a acer monitor? No …. Because windows is not smart enough to know what refresh rate, resolution etc the monitor can handle and what the card can handle, It will load a default that will work but never optimal. You have to do it manually. Do you really think that windows has the latest drivers??? Windows has at best 1 year out of date drivers! lol Always load the drivers that came with your video card and monitor!

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 06:17 ----------

Its not a codec problem, A codec will run or not run, No middle ground. A TV will run fat32 avi. All and any pc will run avi. Again not a codec problem. So we now have a possible refresh rate problem and or a the OP has to select deinterlace in his video player options. Again the only two things are ….. Drivers ( sort refresh rate etc) Or Select deinterlace in video options.

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 06:29 ----------

God my grandkids know more about this than most of this forums so called experts.

And they are making more money than the self proclaimed experts lol. You have to laugh!

Hold on windows knows automatically that a clients monitor needs to be 1440x900

NO Will never happen! Needs to be done manually.!

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 06:51 ----------

P.S >> If anyone has let windows load drivers for your monitor. Do a Google if you don’t have the drivers. Enter monitor make and model, You will find the correct optimal settings. And guess what! They will almost always be different to what windows will default to.

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 07:00 ----------

Click = Start , Control panel, Display, Adjust resolution. Don't let windows do it for you.

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 07:04 ----------

Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2.Click Advanced settings.

3.Click the Monitor tab, and then, under Screen refresh rate, click the screen refresh rate you want. The monitor will take a moment to adjust. If you want to keep the changes, click Apply. If you don't apply the changes within 15 seconds, the refresh rate will revert back to your original setting.

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 07:11 ----------

Its complete trial and error if you let windows load the drivers. Its always best to load the drivers that came with your new toy.

Edited by Billy Mack

Are you confusing monitor and graphics card?

Post removed

Edited by allysum

I see you've been on the drugs all night again with nothing else better to do then, Billy. I find myself again posting to debunk your incorrect information about codecs and file formats, but I may as well further address your monitor drivers stuff too.

LOL .... YES YOU DO!! lol Question does your monitor have a menu option? Colour management, Focus, H.position, V.Position, Warm, Cool, Etc… What do you have an old school monitor??

You do not need to install monitor drivers if you are using a digital flat panel monitor and are connecting to that monitor via a digital means (HDMI/DVI/Displayport etc.) The monitor will 'handshake' with the graphics card and provide it's optimal perimeters to the system via the DDC (Display Data Channel) using Extended Display ID Data (EDID) or the more modern DisplayID if that is supported. Monitor drivers are only really needed in this day and age if you are still using a CRT or are using a flat panel via VGA and the graphics card's DAC obfuscates the monitor's data so it's not detected as PnP. In any case, to get optimal quality on any monitor you need an external monitor calibration tool in order to get the correct colour temperature etc. It's impossible for any driver to know the ambient light and viewing conditions of your room. This however is completely irrespective of any monitor driver discussion, which in this day and age is fairly irrelevant because the technologies have progressed. My own 24" HP monitor defaults to it's native 16:10 resolution of 1900x1200 at the first boot of a clean install even with generic windows drivers for my Radeon 280x. It also did this under the previous Radeon 6850 and prior to that the Nvidia 8800GTS.

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 06:29 ----------

Hold on windows knows automatically that a clients monitor needs to be 1440x900

NO Will never happen! Needs to be done manually.!

Yes it does, as I've already stated - look up DDC and EDID for how it works. My monitor always defaults to it's native resolution, which is higher than 1080p - this is not the system 'guessing' at it, the devices communicate with each other and agree the optimal settings. Monitor drivers are not needed. DDC has been around since the mid 90s and has just been evolved and extended with additional protocols bolted on.

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 06:17 ----------

Its not a codec problem, A codec will run or not run, No middle ground. A TV will run fat32 avi. All and any pc will run avi. Again not a codec problem. So we now have a possible refresh rate problem and or a the OP has to select deinterlace in his video player options. Again the only two things are ….. Drivers ( sort refresh rate etc) Or Select deinterlace in video options.

You are showing a lack of understanding again with this post. FAT32 is a file system i.e the way that data is written to and read from a medium. How that data is organised. AVI is a file and a container format or wrapper, and as such you could write the same AVI to a FAT32 formatted medium (so long as it doesn't break the 4GB filesize limitation of FAT32) or an NTFS or ext4. You'd still have the same AVI, but it would just be written and read differently from the disk, however the file would still play the same with the same quality. There is no such thing as a "FAT32 AVI".

AVI being a wrapper format meaning Audio Video Interleaved, can actually be compressed in any number of ways. A video player knows what compression format was used by reading the FourCC data header from the file. You can change the default codec that is used to decompress different AVI's based on the FourCC data. You will always need a codec installed that can correctly decompress the compressed data, however some codecs handle the process better than others. XVID for instance is a reverse engineered DivX (hence the name is backwards to demonstrate this) this happened when DivX decided to charge for licencing of it's proprietary codec. XVID is the open sourced reverse engineered DivX. Will video play better on a DivX codec where the file was compressed with DivX? Probably... Will that same file still play under Xvid? Yes, that is by design though it mightn't look quite as good as 'best guesses' have had to have been made. Most TV's use DivX because they pay the licensing so that the codec is maintained and constantly updated. It's easy enough to pull the latest codec whenever you do a software update on the TV, and this is usually done 'over the air'. This is just one codec example.

Edited by ShefStealth
forgot about filesize limitation.

Try format to anything other than fat32 and see if your TV will run it. If I have a 64gb it wont work on any TV. You can reformat to fat 32 with a little help of some code. Format a 64gb sd card to fat32. Not exFAT. I’m just a girl so what do I know? .

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 00:21 ----------

I have read then re read all posts. Most if not all have went of track. The question is this… Looks great on My TV Not so good on my PC Monitor. Its not a codec problem. If you don’t have the correct codec it wont play simple. A TV will play AVI Video as long as it has been formatted to fat32. A PC can do this in its sleep. However the PC is not playing the video correctly. I am just a simple female but would guess incorrect Refresh rate can and will cause artefacts. I am not saying this is the solution to the problem but it is one of many answers that can cause what the OP is experiencing.

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 00:25 ----------

ShefStealth You are going on and on . Listen run the film on the default windows player, DVD Player etc… If we still have a problem what can be the problem be? We now only have the monitor and video card.

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 01:50 ----------

Monitor/video card an interlace problem potentially. Open the video player go into the options select deinterlace. If this wont correct the problem it is a refresh rate problem. Don’t waste time looking at other things. Codec’s ETC That is silly. Listen to me and you will have it sorted in jig time