Budget tyres vs Premium tyres

Some applications for retreaded tires are airplanes, racing cars, buses and delivery trucks. If a remould is good enough for an airplane it's good enough for your car!

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 02:00 ----------

Wouldn't touch cheapo tyres...

Your tyres are the only thing between you and the tarmac..

I would bet my life you think Iphone is superior to android! lol

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 02:04 ----------

Are branded tyres worth the extra cost?

let me make this simple! >>>> NO

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 02:50 ----------

If I had two laptops... One had two times faster processor, Two times more memory, Two times more battery life, Two times more hard drive. But!! It don't have a big name and is half the price! Does the laptop with the BIG Name with half of everything make it better? Answer NO.

Sorry we only have mid range tyres and high end . >>> Rubber is rubber? You don't have different kinds of rubber! That's like saying you have two kinds of chicken, A chicken is a chicken, A rubber tyre is a rubber tyre.

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 02:54 ----------

One has aldi on it the other has M&S >>> It's the same thing!!! Just one charges more for the same thing!

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 02:58 ----------

This is not just a chicken , it's a M&S chicken>>>> HOLD ON !!! A chicken is a chicken! A tyre is a tyre. You pay more for the name!

Edited by skat man

sorry.. your wrong. You do have different types of rubber.. or rather compounds. Tyres are also constructed differently by different manufacturers which is where the variation of price will come from including the quality of materials used and the quantities.

Having just spent the day on a dyno today I have seen the difference between cheap tyres and mid range tyres at full load on cars producing 400 - 500rwhp... one of them my own car.

The cheap tyres just disintegrated on the dyno. We were actually sweeping rubber up afterwards. We put mid range tyres on, they gripped better, didnt deteriorate and actually made more power due to the grip levels they provided.

Comparing tyres to laptops or chickens is just stupid. A laptop doesnt rely on friction.

I for one, will certainly not be putting any cheap tyre on my car as having 500hp and no weight over the rear wheels, I need as much grip as I can afford.

Edited by stimpy

Sorry we only have mid range tyres and high end . >>> Rubber is rubber? You don't have different kinds of rubber!

Winter tyres and summer tyres...

Truck tyres and Formula 1 tyres...

You certainly do have different kinds of rubber just like you have many different kinds of steel..

Some applications for retreaded tires are airplanes, racing cars, buses and delivery trucks. If a remould is good enough for an airplane it's good enough for your car!

If I had two laptops... One had two times faster processor, Two times more memory, Two times more battery life, Two times more hard drive. But!! It don't have a big name and is half the price! Does the laptop with the BIG Name with half of everything make it better? Answer NO.

Sorry we only have mid range tyres and high end . >>> Rubber is rubber? You don't have different kinds of rubber! That's like saying you have two kinds of chicken, A chicken is a chicken, A rubber tyre is a rubber tyre.

One has aldi on it the other has M&S >>> It's the same thing!!! Just one charges more for the same thing!

This is not just a chicken , it's a M&S chicken>>>> HOLD ON !!! A chicken is a chicken! A tyre is a tyre. You pay more for the name!

Hi Amberleaf! So many usernames yet still the same ill-informed crap.

jb

Edited by barleycorn

Hi Amberleaf! So many usernames yet still the same ill-informed crap.

jb

Of course. Nice spot barleycorn.

I thought I'd seen that distinctive posting style before. Spot the difference:

No its not . >> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cyclone+hoover&biw=1440&bih=732&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=MI52U7b0GcOGOIm6gMAC&ved=0CCwQsxg[/url

---------- Post added 16-05-2014 at 23:17 ----------

Glad you get it!!! >>> 1 <<< Me ... >>> 0 You <<< LOL

---------- Post added 16-05-2014 at 23:21 ----------

Oh sorry ... your name is something that causes destruction , bla bla , Don't mess with me!!! >>> I read it as .... A sucker ... like a vacuum cleaner that sucks... Sorry I got your name mixed up with Cyclone for cleaning my carpets!

---------- Post added 16-05-2014 at 23:33 ----------

Anyway >>> answer this! still waiting>>>>

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1304460&page=7

---------- Post added 16-05-2014 at 23:59 ----------

just for the record loob has NO idea what she is talking about! thats fact

---------- Post added 17-05-2014 at 00:04 ----------

loob loves to Google misinformation and present it as fact! That's what is known in the industry as a nutter!

---------- Post added 17-05-2014 at 00:12 ----------

Loob answer this .... nice and simple ..... I print the word apple and or >> Ford, Honda, asda, On my T-Shirt what would happen???

---------- Post added 17-05-2014 at 00:15 ----------

I get web design cease and desist all day long and nothing they can do!!! FACT!

Why because its silly!!! What can you do about me having SheffieldsForum.co.uk? Answer Nothing!

---------- Post added 17-05-2014 at 00:22 ----------

I can have thousands of similar urls that redirect and nothing anyone can do! am I wrong loob??? With respect, you have NO idea what you are on about!

---------- Post added 17-05-2014 at 01:31 ----------

if I signup to this forum with the name loob rather than >> L00b What can you do ?!? >>> Answer nothing!

---------- Post added 17-05-2014 at 01:47 ----------

"L00b's" that's funny ....you are demonstrating my point exactly!

---------- Post added 17-05-2014 at 01:52 ----------

Why have l00b's .. And use 00 rather than oo etc.... You make my point for me! lol

That'll explain skat man's recent personal attacks out of the blue. Edited by L00b

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone name a remold tire that will not outlive the car's MOT? .... If you can I will give you 1 million pound!

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 01:55 ----------

A remold is every part legal and will out live an MOT . Thats at the very least 1 year! Thats at a fraction of the cost of a branded named tire.

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 02:00 ----------

I just did a Google.

"Some applications for retreaded tires are airplanes, racing cars, buses and delivery trucks. If a remould is good enough for an airplane it's good enough for your car!"

You can't argue with that.

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 02:12 ----------

I guess this is the info she put up. Link

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 02:19 ----------

Winter tyres and summer tyres...

Truck tyres and Formula 1 tyres...

You certainly do have different kinds of rubber just like you have many different kinds of steel..

LMAO :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 02:22 ----------

You are confusing different treads, Rain etc ... Rubber is rubber!

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 02:26 ----------

A dog is a dog, a duck is a duck. Leather is leather. Yes you have more than one breed of dog, but it is still a dog. Just like rubber with varying treads for different conditions.

I want the tyres with the most grip, which will be the softest compound.

Your poverty spec tyres are super hard and last forever.

If you think budget tyres are best you clearly don't have a clue about cars or the basic laws of physics. Go and take your car on a track day with a decent set of tyres then swap them to your fullruns and lets see what you lap times are saying?