Help to get large dog in the car

MrSpoon

Has anyone come across a solution, either homemade or bought, that will help a large, older, slightly arthritic dog into the back seat of a car? The car has rear doors but they don't open wide enough to use a ramp so I guess I'm thinking a wide step of some sort. Obviously we can lift him as well but it would be good to have something that makes it easier and more comfortable for him.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I have used my old step aerobics step for getting people and dogs up to the right height to get in and out of vehicles. The feet come off so its stores easily and you can change the height of the step by several positions.

Mine is similar to this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aerobic-Stepper-Adjustable-Fitness-Exercise-Step-3-Level-Non-Slip-Board-Home-Gym-/251518929478?_trksid=p2054897.l5659

If its from the footwell to the back seat that is the problem then put something in the footwell such as heavy duty foam. This will reduce the height the dog has to 'jump' to get onto the seat.

Edited by Chez2