What's the point of having a personalised number plate?

:hihi::hihi: no its so i can find it in a car park

What sort of person needs to use their registration plate in order to find their car in a car park.

I usually find remembering the make, model, colour and where I parked it key factors over registration.

Unless you're parking in a car park full of identical cars?

i have a private plate and also a smug face, i paid just over£70 each for 3 plates back in the 90,s when dvla started releasing plates , all of them now are valued in excess of 20k, not a bad investment.:P
Yes, its a good investment. But I'm still left wondering what sort of person pays 20k for a number plate just so that they can find their car in the car park?

What sort of person needs to use their registration plate in order to find their car in a car park.

I usually find remembering the make, model, colour and where I parked it key factors over registration.

in addition to opening his car doors on his key fob, he also has a button when pressed his car will shout ime here come and get me, for the girls also me thinks:hihi:

in addition to opening his car doors on his key fob, he also has a button when pressed his car will shout ime here come and get me, for the girls also me thinks:hihi:

what a great idea:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 13:25 ----------

Yes, its a good investment. But I'm still left wondering what sort of person pays 20k for a number plate just so that they can find their car in the car park?

i dont care as long as they pay me!! i only paid £70 quid for it:hihi:

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 13:26 ----------

was a tongue in cheek comment!! dont you get humour:roll:

was a tongue in cheek comment!! dont you get humour:roll:

Top tip, when you have to explain the humour, it probably means it isn't.

genuine valuation thanks! but really in the end its only worth what someone will pay so its immaterial until that time although i have turned down 20k for the one on my car, i like it i dont need to sell it, does it make me a poseur i dont know maybe! i dont care what others think.

Mine too. I paid £200 for it 25 or so years ago. Elite registrations e-mail me every few months saying they have a customer and offer similar amounts. So I guess its value has increased around 100 fold in 25 years. I'm assuming they would be selling on at a hefty profit.

I didn't need the £200 then and don't need £20K now. If I did I could sell in a few days. It's not as though it isn't an appreciating assett and certainly hasn't cost me anything to have on my cars.

How much would I have now if I'd left that £200 in my bank account?'

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 14:47 ----------

I'm guessing the same sort of folk who paid £20 grand for a Picasso 40 years ago. In the 1970s Picasso sold off a large quantity of his paintings at between £2500 and £25000. Bet you wish you'd bought half a dozen.

Edited by roosterboost

I'm guessing the same sort of folk who paid £20 grand for a Picasso 40 years ago. In the 1970s Picasso sold off a large quantity of his paintings at between £2500 and £25000. Bet you wish you'd bought half a dozen.
Well yeah. But I wouldn't be selling them. I'd be keeping them because they are extraordinary. The same doesn't apply to a number plate. Or maybe it does to some people?

Well yeah. But I wouldn't be selling them. I'd be keeping them because they are extraordinary. The same doesn't apply to a number plate. Or maybe it does to some people?

They are only extraodinary because they are collectable, unlike the similar works by 50 similar artists that aren't.

A good number plate (as opposed to a cobbled up one) is a great investment. Its also cheaper to insure than an oil painting. If your car gets stolen or written off the plate can be stuck onto your next set of wheels. The DVLA look after it for you in their vault.

I spent several minutes wondering why I couldn't unlock my car door.

Fortunately the owner who had parked a couple of spaces away didn't arrive and ask for an explanation as to why I was trying to steal his car:blush::blush:

Top tip, when you have to explain the humour, it probably means it isn't.

who yanked your chain:roll::roll:

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 16:53 ----------

Mine too. I paid £200 for it 25 or so years ago. Elite registrations e-mail me every few months saying they have a customer and offer similar amounts. So I guess its value has increased around 100 fold in 25 years. I'm assuming they would be selling on at a hefty profit.

I didn't need the £200 then and don't need £20K now. If I did I could sell in a few days. It's not as though it isn't an appreciating assett and certainly hasn't cost me anything to have on my cars.

How much would I have now if I'd left that £200 in my bank account?'

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 14:47 ----------

exactly! its not rocket science is it although its a bit complicated for some on here:roll:

who yanked your chain:roll::roll:

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 16:53 ----------

exactly! its not rocket science is it although its a bit complicated for some on here:roll:

Oh I'm sorry, for a minute I thought it was a public forum.

Oh I'm sorry, for a minute I thought it was a public forum.

its actually a private forum!! as you probably have been told before:hihi: