Who should be next Police Commissioner for South Yorks?

I always though that the only person who couldn't be sacked from public office was the head of state???

Yet this man is still in his job, claiming to represent the people of South Yorkshire. Why is this possible???

Don't forget that he was quoted in The Times last week saying that they were "picking on Rotherham", when all this was about to break the surface. Thank God for the freedom of the press, (for better for worse.) Although Rotherham council attempted to get a high court injunction to get everything stopped in it's tracks.

And Rotherham gets splashed all over the media for being an even bigger dump than it's own stereotype. And most certainly a place you wouldn't want to raise a child if you're white.

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I (along with over 90% of those eligible to vote in South Yorkshire) did not vote for this man.

Even the home secretary wants rid of him.

It's possible, because when the Home Secretary was rushing to bring in Commissioners she didn't have any right of recall put in to effectively make sure that one could be got rid of.

Sadly, Wright is elected, and cannot be forced out until another election once his term is up.

That is the only reason he is still in a job.

I believe that any Police Commissioner can remain in office until the electorate vote he or she out.

However, getting back to the controversy which created this one, I mention that during my service, the consensus of opinion throughout the local force and no doubt the entire service, was that 'IF THEY'RE BIG ENOUGH THEN THEY'RE OLD ENOUGH', an opinion to which I didn't ascribe. I mention this as it may have some bearing on the inaction of the police, and the current issue.

I believe that any Police Commissioner can remain in office until the electorate vote he or she out.

However, getting back to the controversy which created this one, I mention that during my service, the consensus of opinion throughout the local force and no doubt the entire service, was that 'IF THEY'RE BIG ENOUGH THEN THEY'RE OLD ENOUGH', an opinion to which I didn't ascribe. I mention this as it may have some bearing on the inaction of the police, and the current issue.

No doubt though you kept your mouth shut while you were a PC.

Did anyone see the news yesterday? It was hilarious. It showed you our PCC turn up for his 'surgery' and not one single person paid him a visit!

Labour have nominated an ex Priest for the job, he is endorsed by two Sheffield MPs one a noted adulterer the other featured in national press some years ago for cottaging.

So, at least we should have no problems from a morals standpoint then?

Labour have nominated an ex Priest for the job, he is endorsed by two Sheffield MPs one a noted adulterer the other featured in national press some years ago for cottaging.

Let me get this right...are you actually trying to score points for the Tories on morals?

As opposed to the UKIP candidate who was at Orgreave and Hillsborough and we all know what SYP did at those places

Let me get this right...are you actually trying to score points for the Tories on morals?

Not at all, just trying to show the depths we have now plumbed. No point discussing the Tories in this context, we are talking about an election in South Yorkshire, if the Yorkshire Ripper stood as Police Commissioner for Labour he would get in.

As opposed to the UKIP candidate who was at Orgreave and Hillsborough and we all know what SYP did at those places

Are you now claiming that EVERY police officer who was at Hillsborough (I havent a clue what you are referring to with Orgreave) were guilty of some crime?

Are you now claiming that EVERY police officer who was at Hillsborough (I havent a clue what you are referring to with Orgreave) were guilty of some crime?

No, he is claiming that every Police Officer that ever lived is guilty of a crime.

Orgreave was a confrontation between miners, led by Arthur Scargill, and police.