Who should be next Police Commissioner for South Yorks?

At one time i would have said an ex police officer but i am not sure about that now.I still believe we do not need one.For the first time ever i refused to vote and still stand by my decision.Can we put our trust in any public servant nowadays?.

my son would be a good head of SYP he's young at 24 already a special and as some good idea's like recruiting more bobby's on the streets sell most f the cars apart from the motorway intercepters and the helicopter and buy another so one can patrol day and one at night tell magistrates to hand out max sentences and the same to judges buy a few portable stocks so crims could be paraded round the city's housing estates and get householders to throw their rubbish at them also have a night time curfew from 9 at night till 8 next morning build a new prison block for these naughty boys, remove all illegals out of the country and back home the same with romas, Bulgarians, Lithuanians any one ese who can't sing the national anthem rom back to front in 3 minutes my lad as it all sorted give him a chance and he will do it for half the wage the old one got

my son would be a good head of SYP he's young at 24 already a special and as some good idea's like recruiting more bobby's on the streets sell most f the cars apart from the motorway intercepters and the helicopter and buy another so one can patrol day and one at night tell magistrates to hand out max sentences and the same to judges buy a few portable stocks so crims could be paraded round the city's housing estates and get householders to throw their rubbish at them also have a night time curfew from 9 at night till 8 next morning build a new prison block for these naughty boys, remove all illegals out of the country and back home the same with romas, Bulgarians, Lithuanians any one ese who can't sing the national anthem rom back to front in 3 minutes my lad as it all sorted give him a chance and he will do it for half the wage the old one got

Let's hope he's not a 'chip off the old block'. The Police have enough racist bigots in their rank and file.

im sure he is special probably special needs, Christ if this is the caliber the police attract to be specials there is no hope for the force.:confused:

With respect - if he's a Special, it doesn't take much to get in. His ideas border on the ridiculous. He obviously hasn't noticed or researched the fact that vehicle fleets have already been massively reduced, the helicopter has been regionalised as the government have slashed budgets, oh and they are recruiting people like him to do the job for nothing as there aren't enough REAL cops to do the job.

He is an unwitting party to government attempts to cover the fact that they have slashed warranted Police numbers, and are hugely increasing the numbers of Specials and cheaper PCSO's to fool the public into thinking there are enough uniforms out there to manage.

They are failing - miserably.

I never wanted one in the first place and I certainly don't want one now. To answer the OP's question with regards to who should be PCC is tantamount to endorsing it.

I never wanted one in the first place and I certainly don't want one now. To answer the OP's question with regards to who should be PCC is tantamount to endorsing it.

while that may be true, we have them and it doesn't look likely that they will be taken away so we should make sure we elect the best candidate we can.

like me for instance :)

while that may be true, we have them and it doesn't look likely that they will be taken away so we should make sure we elect the best candidate we can.

like me for instance :)

Maybe that should be the OP's question. How do we scrap Police Commissioners?

How do we scrap Police Commissioners?

that's easy.....

convince a party likely to be in the next government to make this a manifesto commitment serious enough to survive an agreement to form a coalition with another party and harass them until they pass the legislation

that's easy.....

convince a party likely to be in the next government to make this a manifesto commitment serious enough to survive an agreement to form a coalition with another party and harass them until they pass the legislation

Yeah.... easy!

As we know they always do what they say they are going to do in their manifestos!

In actual fact the Op's question is a very hard one to answer. The problem is, is that the public doesn't trust establishment anymore.

It should not be one person but a panel from across all the disciplines of society and have a chairman instead of a commissioner. The average cost of a 9mm bullet is 20p.

Why dont we get a foreign one? They seem to be a lot better at managing our football teams. Why not let them try and save our police force turning into a joke ?