Should anti-tattoo discrimination be illegal?

If you pay your tax in dollars, Coutts, you are certainly not funding the British NHS. You are confused.

I'm funding the British NHS alright, paying well above my "fair" share! :rant:

If someone is covered in visible ink, there will ALWAYS be a better candidate.

It's about time people who make poor life decisions stop trying to make their stupidity the fault of others and face the consequences of their actions. You made your bed, lie in it. You wanted a tattoo of a pit bull on your neck, fine, but now you can't get a job, suck it up. But even then my tax dollars now have to support this muppet. They SHOULD be forced to sweep the streets or something, at least contribute to society in some way. Makes my blood boil.

Just like those who smoke but then expect us to pay and treat their self induced ill health. Idiots!

But not all idiocy needs to be criminalised, surely?

But not all idiocy needs to be criminalised, surely?

I don't want to be forced to pay for the idiocy of others. Hardly unreasonable. People should be made to pay for the errors of their ways, watch how fast they learn then.

discrimination of tattooed people says more about the person discriminating than the tattooed person. you're wiling to dismiss a person because they choose to make themselves happy by getting tattooed? you'd rather accept someone who conforms to your idea of happy rather than actually be happy and confident in themselves?

Why should a person be discriminated against, just for having visible body art? I certainly think it should be illegal. The person most qualified for the position should get the job. Tattoos shouldn't even come into it.

Is this you Bonzo, having regrets already?

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/20/photo-fan-changes-name-to-mr-manchester-united-gets-club-crest-tattooed-on-forehead/

You want to make it illegal to discriminate on 'body art' like that? yet at the same time you bang on about cannabis being illegal is unfair, strange world some folk live in.

Don't be sorry. Only to you, it seems. Far more people on this thread seem to find them distasteful than pleasing to the eye.

But I am sorry. Sorry for all of you. You are so judgemental and for all the wrong reasons.

Now who's being prejudiced?

I used the idiot terminology, to try and get some of you to understand where I was coming from!

Full sleeves and full legs are usually covered up. If only a portion of the full tattoo is visible, surely the effect is lost anyway. Whether what is seen is 'offensive' or not is to some extent subjective, but to a lot of people, an incomplete image/ area of dark ink creeping out of a shirt sleeve onto a hand just looks messy.

The effect is lost? What do you mean by effect? I don't have my tattoos for anyone else but me. They're not there for anyone else's pleasure. You clearly haven't got a clue about tattoos at all!

Do not dismiss what you do not understand. You clearly know nothing about non-oral human communication.

However, we're into the realm of anthropology more than psychology - look it up.

I understand it perfectly well, thanks. I stand by my original comment.

---------- Post added 20-08-2014 at 22:58 ----------

Is this you Bonzo, having regrets already?

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/20/photo-fan-changes-name-to-mr-manchester-united-gets-club-crest-tattooed-on-forehead/

You want to make it illegal to discriminate on 'body art' like that? yet at the same time you bang on about cannabis being illegal is unfair, strange world some folk live in.

Are you completely stupid? I bet the bloke in the picture has a larger IQ

discrimination of tattooed people says more about the person discriminating than the tattooed person. you're wiling to dismiss a person because they choose to make themselves happy by getting tattooed? you'd rather accept someone who conforms to your idea of happy rather than actually be happy and confident in themselves?

The fact that they are willing to pay money and go through pain to get their skin poisoned just for "validation" from other idiots says way more about their feelings of inadequacy than anything else. Getting tattoos especially visible ones is honestly pathetic. I literally pity the stupidity of people who get tattoos, but then I pity myself, as it's me who has to pay for them in the long run.

Do you know which other large demographic get tattoos aside from criminals? Young single mothers! That's right, go on to any estate and check out the Ugg boot wearing pram pushing contingent, all on benefits, covered in tattoos, smoking whatever they smoke. Parasites breeding more parasites. And guess who fathered these children, that's right, pit bull neck tattoo guy, who's probably absent because he's currently in jail! :rant:

The fact that they are willing to pay money and go through pain to get their skin poisoned just for "validation" from other idiots says way more about their feelings of inadequacy than anything else. Getting tattoos especially visible ones is honestly pathetic. I literally pity the stupidity of people who get tattoos, but then I pity myself, as it's me who has to pay for them in the long run.

Do you know which other large demographic get tattoos aside from criminals? Young single mothers! That's right, go on to any estate and check out the Ugg boot wearing pram pushing contingent, all on benefits, covered in tattoos, smoking whatever they smoke. Parasites breeding more parasites. And guess who fathered these children, that's right, pit bull neck tattoo guy, who's probably absent because he's currently in jail! :rant:

You need help dude. In fact, you're way beyond help. What's the point of being alive with an attitude like that? People like you are the reason this world is in such a mess!

You need help dude. In fact, you're way beyond help. What's the point of being alive with an attitude like that? People like you are the reason this world is in such a mess!

I need help because I don't want to pay for the stupidity of others? Hardly. I'm happy for people to do what they like as long as it's legal and I don't have to pay for their mistakes and poor judgement. Sadly, they need me to pay for them because they are selfish cretins, and that is why this world is in such a mess. Too many selfish irresponsible discourteous morons. Lets keep this real!

I need help because I don't want to pay for the stupidity of others? Hardly. I'm happy for people to do what they like as long as it's legal and I don't have to pay for their mistakes and poor judgement. Sadly, they need me to pay for them because they are selfish cretins, and that is why this world is in such a mess. Too many selfish irresponsible discourteous morons. Lets keep this real!

Having a tattoo is not illegal. And it costs you nothing.

So what's your problem?

And it costs you nothing.

So what's your problem?

My "problem" is that it DOES cost me money.

Imagine if top echelon tax payers like me started getting tattoos on their hands and neck. What do you think commercial lenders would say to me when I attend face to face meetings to acquire finance. The bank would say NO that's what! Then I won't be able to make deals, no more large profits to pay lots of tax on, then the irresponsible tatooed benefits induced idiots won't be able to eat will they! THINK ON!

My "problem" is that it DOES cost me money.

Imagine if top echelon tax payers like me started getting tattoos on their hands and neck. What do you think commercial lenders would say to me when I attend face to face meetings to acquire finance. The bank would say NO that's what! Then I won't be able to make deals, no more large profits to pay lots of tax on, then the irresponsible tatooed benefits induced idiots won't be able to eat will they! THINK ON!

I have tattoos on my arms that are visible. One that goes slightly onto my neck too.