2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Hello all

I've got a lovely roll end out of area for a bargain price to go in my kitchen/diner. The kitchen area has laminate, but the dining area is carpeted. The room is only 2.9m x 3.5m, but I need someone (professional) to fit it. Can anyone recommend? Tried a couple and thus far heard nothing back!

Most places seem to want to supply the carpet too, which I don't need.

Hi I would like to recommend Jeff from Joinery Solutions. Jeff has laminated my kitchen floor. Excellent quality job, quick, turned up on time, cheaper than other quotes. His number is 07861379796

Written by Phil

Thank you Phil ta jeff

Hi

Can anyone recommend me a good plasterer who is relatively inexpensive please? I need a room skimming, 4 walls and ceiling, roughly 3.5m square. I'm tight for time and money, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi

Can anyone recommend me a good plasterer who is relatively inexpensive please? I need a room skimming, 4 walls and ceiling, roughly 3.5m square. I'm tight for time and money, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Send a PM to Joiner Andy he may know somebody

Send a PM to Joiner Andy he may know somebody

Thanks, I have sent him a PM.

Try Mick, works for me occasionally.

Good guy, but be careful asking for cheap work from anyone.

07795 187494 mick

I asked Jeff Smith (Jeff the Joiner) to fix some squeaky floorboards in my attic. I knew when my son was getting up because I could hear the squeak in our bedroom below. I texted Jeff and he arranged to come over and take a look. We agreed a price and he turned up on the agreed date and on time. He uncovered a bodge job from the previous owners when the boards were lifted. Usually this results in the tradesman scaring the hell out of you with some tale of woe and additional cost. However Jeff just wanted to explain the problem - he already had a solution and just got on with it. I now have a squeak free floor and he got all the other agreed jobs done on that day as well. Whilst it was just a small job for Jeff - one days work - he still took an interest. What is nice is that he is very approachable and chatty and makes you feel at ease. Cheers Jeff - I would recommend him for any joinery work.

Has anyone on the forum had any work done by GARDEN DESIGN SERVICES. I am particularly interested in their fencing service.

I just had loft renovation works undertaken by Whitecliffes Builders. They have done a brilliant job. Eric the manager is very friendly, reliable and organized. Nigel and Owen had done everything properly and fast. I really like their can-do attitude. They turned up on time every morning even the snowy days and kept the house tidy. It’s been pleasure to have them around for three weeks. We would definitely be using the team again and have recommended to our friends.

Hi

I'm looking for a handyman/electrician to replace a downstairs light fitting. So the wiring is there but needs moving a bit and then there'll be some ceiling repair work. I'm hoping not to have to take the flooring up upstairs but that may be necessary. Do all electricians undertake the ancillary repair tasks as part of the job? This may be a small job - but they never seem to pan out that way :-(

Any recommendations? We're in S17

I've just had Matt from MJB Electrical Services round today to extend our ring main to some new sockets in several rooms.

They did an excellent job, turned up on time for both the quote and to do the work, and responds to all emails promptly.

When getting quotes for the job there were people who never got back to me, so it was good to have someone respond so quickly when arranging the work.

http://www.mjb-electricalservices.co.uk/