2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

I would like to recommend Jeff Smith again. He has done an excellent job on some work needed on my conservatory. I cant recommend this man enough and I am starting to lose count of the number of jobs I have got him to do! Top top guy and the quality of work is top notch!

thanks Jeff

thank you chris ta jeff

I've had 2 weeks to get a rental property back to its best. I contacted Leepy (07946237432) who was chockablock but who recommended Dane to come & clear the property, he did a fab job & even pulled up the old carpets, all at a very reasonable price.

I then got quotes for painting from recommendations from the site, both P & D (07904341402) & Andrew (07786104288) came in with reasonable quotes.

I decided on Andrew, who it transpired, was Danes dad. Andrew & his partner did a fab job in record time.

I'd read the many recommendations for Balfour carpets (01142448150), who came in with an extremely competitive quote, again, a good job well done...Balfour has an excellent team on board, extremely helpful & I can't recommend them highly enough.

I got quotes for Blinds from a company called Alams Beautiful Blinds (01143231214) which came in with an unbeatable price for 3 windows, measured, priced & fitted within 3 days.

Many thanks to all concerned.

Hi, I am looking for a trustworthy and good gardener\landscaper. I am after having some decking, gardening, fencing and also require a boundary wall repairing... Looking for recommendations, cheers

Jeff Smith fitted 5 floating shelves in our alcove. He was reliable, professional and helped us work through our ideas to get the best for our money.

He visited at times convenient to ourselves and when he carried out the work was punctual, friendly and tidy.

Couldn't recommend him enough...it's a big relief to finally find a joiner who can deliver on a promise!!

Thanks for the feedback,happy new year lee,S6 :):):):):)

leepy

Total Posts: 1,473

Just been working alongside Lee on a property renovation

Lee is doing quite a lot of repairs renovating & decorating however while working along side Lee (getting in his way) he was really helpful & accommodating also I spoke to the customer & he seems to be doing the works for a really good price so I'd just like to say a big thank you & also to recommend him for future works in this respect

Lee is a really nice guy who is happy to help get the job done along side other trades makeing life easier for everyone he has an eye to detail & very thorough & fast in how he gets on with his works

Great guy highly recommended

Matt Burrell

I would love to hear a recommendation for an individual or company who could take on some garden fencing replacement for me. Sadly my fence bit the dust in the recent bad weather and I do not think it can be repaired. My regular Joiner / Handyman has a family issue at the moment, so he cannot take on the job for quite a while, and it needs doing, so he suggested that, this time, I scout around elsewhere.

It's probably less than 10 metres in length that we're talking about. There is a gate that needs to be replaced as well. I am looking for sturdy and long-lived and secure. A fence of the type that is "double-paled" I believe.

Having not been able to get through on the phone to a recommended company located somewhere north of the city, not naming anyone, I've used the "Request a Call Back" facility on their website, twice now, but I've had no callback - seems a bit daft to me. At the moment I'm drawing a bit of a blank.

I have a rough idea from my Joiner (not mate's rates or anything like that) as to what it should cost so I figure I know what would be a reasonable price. Would be happy for someone to be recommended and visit and quote for me if the Sheffield Forum bunch could direct me the right way.

Job would be in S8.

Thanks to both off you was happy to help

---------- Post added 04-02-2015 at 17:59 ----------

I've had 2 weeks to get a rental property back to its best. I contacted Leepy (07946237432) who was chockablock but who recommended Dane to come & clear the property, he did a fab job & even pulled up the old carpets, all at a very reasonable price.

I then got quotes for painting from recommendations from the site, both P & D (07904341402) & Andrew (07786104288) came in with reasonable quotes.

I decided on Andrew, who it transpired, was Danes dad. Andrew & his partner did a fab job in record time.

I'd read the many recommendations for Balfour carpets (01142448150), who came in with an extremely competitive quote, again, a good job well done...Balfour has an excellent team on board, extremely helpful & I can't recommend them highly enough.

I got quotes for Blinds from a company called Alams Beautiful Blinds (01143231214) which came in with an unbeatable price for 3 windows, measured, priced & fitted within 3 days.

Many thanks to all concerned.

Thanks to both off you more than happy to help

We have just had a multi-fuel stove fitted and would like to recommend the following:

Nortons, Rutland Road - bought our stove from them, couldn't have been more helpful in assisting us to make the right purchase, no pressure just good solid advice

Jason @ Ember Stoves [07539 307938] recommended by Nortons, came and did a survey, advised us what needed to happened, followed up within 24 hours with a quote, turned up did the job, organised other trades (plastering and scaffolding). Organised for a slate hearth to be made to fit the space left by old hearth so we didn't need a new carpet - this was millimetre perfect. Genuinely nice guy!

Tim Mycroft @ Group Services [01144 460 195] came after the stove fitting to give the lounge carpet a spruce up after dusty work - looks like new.

Hi, I'm looking for an electrician/ odd job man who could convert 5 single sockets that I want to expand to double gangs, without adding the bulky box. I'm looking for a quote to expand the back box recessed in to the wall.

Ideally would like the work done before I repaint

Rob

Hi, can anybody recommend an odd job man in S6 please. Put shelves up, bit of tiling, change taps etc.

Jeff Smith's just hung some new doors for us and built a safety bannister in our attic and we couldn't be happier. Friendly and reasonably priced....highly recommended!

Hi, I am looking for a trustworthy and good gardener\landscaper. I am after having some decking, gardening, fencing and also require a boundary wall repairing... Looking for recommendations, cheers

Don't know whether you have found anyone but I can recommend Rob at Springvale Landscapes (07950 352 719). Landscaped our back garden, including 22 fence panels, laid turf for a new lawn, laid a Yorkstone patio and decked a seating area next to the conservatory. Great bunch of lads - really hard working.