2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Are we allowed to name and shame those that waste our time off here, that say they'll come out give you a quote? Only they dont attend, answer calls or have the decency to send a text to apologise. Thanks for the wasted evening...

Do let me know if we able to...

Mods do tend to frown on that one.

Would like to recommend Sam Webster, a Electrician from Chapeltown. Has done a superb job fitting external and internal lighting and timer switches. Punctual, tidy work and competitive pricing too. Really nice guy. Would highly recommend.

Mods do tend to frown on that one.

Thanks for confirming that to me...shame really. I'll refrain from naming and shaming.

Hi,

I think, One of the Best Plasterer in Sheffield is Aidan Plastering.com

Mbl: 07855471085

Nice man,very tidy and clean.

We have used Whitecliffes Builders on a number of occasions for small jobs, and have been highly satisfied with their service and workmanship. We therefore chose them for a much larger project which consisted of renovating a newly purchased bungalow. This work lasted approximately 8 weeks. Once again we were highly satisfied with the work undertaken and the manner in which it was carried out. Martin, John and the rest of the team appeared on time every day throughout this period, and nothing was too much trouble. They advised us on sorting problems and took great pride in doing a good job. The initial work involved installing a DPC, replacing ceilings and floors, installing bathroom and kitchen, and multiple other remedial works that became apparent during the course of the work. They have an extremely friendly manner, and were most helpful. The whole job was masterminded by Eric, the boss, who has a wealth of knowledge and experience. We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending their services.

Are we allowed to name and shame those that waste our time off here, that say they'll come out give you a quote? Only they dont attend, answer calls or have the decency to send a text to apologise. Thanks for the wasted evening...

Do let me know if we able to...

I agree it is a shame not to be able to name, when builders who can't be bothered to turn up are also obviously using the forum as free advertising.

Two recommendations from me - Dean McHale (mactheblade) and Lee Rodgers (Leepy)...

Dean carried out the nightmare task of re-pointing my entire house earlier in the year, cleared out all the guttering and re-glazed some of the old brickwork. He was punctual and kept in touch throughout the work, informing me when the scaffolders would be turning up and generally keeping me up to date with progress. He even came back out a week later to finish tacking back some wires once the mortar had all set.

Lee recently carried out a number of tasks that I don't have the skills (or patience) to attempt. In one afternoon, he managed to do a range of things that would have took me until this time next year to sort, including fitting lights, hanging doors, repairing cupboards, fitting a new door handle and fixing guttering. He is friendly, very reasonably priced and his work is of a high standard. So much so that I've already asked Lee to quote for some work I want doing in the new year.

Kerry

Two recommendations from me - Dean McHale (mactheblade) and Lee Rodgers (Leepy)...

Dean carried out the nightmare task of re-pointing my entire house earlier in the year, cleared out all the guttering and re-glazed some of the old brickwork. He was punctual and kept in touch throughout the work, informing me when the scaffolders would be turning up and generally keeping me up to date with progress. He even came back out a week later to finish tacking back some wires once the mortar had all set.

Lee recently carried out a number of tasks that I don't have the skills (or patience) to attempt. In one afternoon, he managed to do a range of things that would have took me until this time next year to sort, including fitting lights, hanging doors, repairing cupboards, fitting a new door handle and fixing guttering. He is friendly, very reasonably priced and his work is of a high standard. So much so that I've already asked Lee to quote for some work I want doing in the new year.

Kerry

Thanks Kerry for the great feedback,all the best Lee, S6 handyman :)

Just had my sash window refurbished and a new pane of glass put in by by Jsmith2009, Jeff the Joiner 07861379796.

Excellent job and I only rang on thursday and the work was completed today. Fair price and a nice guy, what more could you want?

Just so we are clear - we do not allow naming and shaming on this forum and anybody found doing so is likely to have their account suspended.

Can anyone recomened a reliable gas fire engineer. Despite phoning umpteen gas engineers on the Gas Safe website (listing they deal with gas fires) I have had one response and he didn't deal with gas fires!!

Also what is the usual life span of a gas fire?

Thank you