2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Hi- we've used Fresh 'n' Clean previously and they were brill.

---------- Post added 04-12-2014 at 12:39 ----------

Hi- we've used Fresh 'n' Clean previously and they were brill.

can anyone recommend carpet cleaning company

oops - replied without quote (bit of a pointless option really) - so once again - I'd recommend Fresh 'n' Clean :-)

Edited by 4-4-2
remove ref to gas engineer as not relevant

hi, we had quite a bit of floating shelving and some purpose built storage fitted by jeff the joiner. top quality work and a nice fella to have around the house. this many recommends can't be wrong!

Had four doors hung by Jeff the joiner, did a top class job very pleased and would recommend, thanks Jeff.

Our dishwasher went a bit funny, so called South Yorkshire Domestics. He ran through what he thought it would be and said he'd pop around for free to take a look. One broken wire replaced for a very reasonable price. Nice guy and felt like he was giving good advice and not taking us for a ride. Was worried it would turn out to be very expensive.

Highly recommended.

http://www.sydappliancerepairs.co.uk/

Please can anyone rcommend a plasterer.

Yes. Martin Ludlam - 07738 443428 Very skilled, good prices and a really nice guy. Reliable and clean. We've had him do several plastering jobs in our house.

Many thanks for your replies. Unfortunately I need someone before Xmas. It's only a small job and could probably be done in a couple of hours. Please can

anyone help?

Sent you a pm hope to here from you Gareth PDS plastering

Mod Note

Have turned this into the new 2014 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread

(original thread was here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=548135 )

Just a reminder to those posting that self-promotion and spamming/ self-advertising is not welcome.

When asking for QUOTES, the rule remains the same as before:- please place any requests for posts in the appropriate section, in Classifieds, under "Jobs"

Thanks

Such a shame that potentially useful threads like this are full of redundant post because mods cant keep on top of it

Such a shame that potentially useful threads like this are full of redundant post because mods cant keep on top of it

I've pointed this out before about this thread before Detetcive, I've looked through all the posts on here, and there are at least 100 posts that are a waste of space and need deleting. One of the main ones that I find so annoying is when people keep replying with a thank you after a recommendation has been left for them. Instead of using up space on here why not send them a pm saying thank you then this thread will stay open longer.

At the end of the day it’s in the best interest of fellow tradesmen to keep this thread open and visible to other people for as long as possible without spamming it up.

Edited by mmitchell

a.tweed (Adam Tweed) the plumber came and sorted our stop tap out for us on Friday. Highly reccomended. Knew exactly what he was doing, and a good price for an honest job. Pleased with the result!

Lisa

I can highly recommend James Bentley, BATHROOM FITTER, 07751867290. He has just fitted a bathroom for me. He is considered and professional. He discussed everything with me at all stages and the end result looks amazing.

---------- Post added 09-12-2014 at 17:09 ----------

I can highly recommend James Bentley BATHROOM FITTER on 07751867290. He has just fitted a complete new bathroom for me and it looks amazing. He consulted me at all stages, was professional and considered. He also cleared up afterwards.

Edited by Angco
EMPHASIS