2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

I've just used Jeff Smith (Jeff the Joiner 07861 379796) to lay a solid oak floor in my living room and hang a door. He's a great guy, completely trustworthy and his work is of an excellent standard. This isn't the first time I have used him and I will be using him again. Would definitely recommend him for any joinery / building work you need doing.

Just a plug for Jeff the Joiner.

He's done a few jobs for us now and all have been excellent. Yesterday he fitted 8 internal doors and they look great. Always a fair price. And he's a nice bloke, which always helps.

jon

Just a plug for Jeff the Joiner.

He's done a few jobs for us now and all have been excellent. Yesterday he fitted 8 internal doors and they look great. Always a fair price. And he's a nice bloke, which always helps.

jon

Jeffs a great guy done a lot of work for me Trustworthy,Top Quality work and a good laugh as well.

I can once again recommend Leepy / S6 Handyman. Always on time, friendly, gets the job done and good price. Recently replaced kitchen cupboard base unit for me - great job thanks Lee.

Thanks Jane,much appreciated,see you soon,Lee S6 handyman

Recommendation for Sam Lovatt, Dearne Plumbing. Sam has just completed two full refit jobs for us. A walk in shower closet, full refurbish with tiles, new shower, shower tray and shower door and a full bathroom refurb , tiling plumbing etc. I cant recommend him highly enough. His work is top quality and we are really pleased with the results. Sam always find solutions to problems (and we had a few due to previous poor workmanship) and communicates fully what is needed and discusses any implications. He was easy to get hold of if I had queries and always very approachable and friendly. If your having plumbing or bathroom work done he is your man. http://www.ddps.biz/

Edited by EFCMatt

Jeff Smith just finished our living floor , really pleased with his work, top quality!

We'll definitely use him again to fit us a new kitchen next year!

He's on the forum as jsmith2009

Thanks a lot Jeff

George & Chrysi S8

I would recommend the plumber Brian Thompson tel. 07763570195

He has flushed out our central heating system.

At a later date he fitted a new larger water tank in our loft. This necessitated building a wooden framework to raise the height of the tank to increase water flow.

He is a very clean considerate worker and knowledgeable about plumbing and central heating.

We are extremely pleased with the work he has done for us.

Hi, I'm new to the forum so hope I have posted in the right place but was hoping someone might be able recommend a reliable plumber?

We have rebuilt our house and the plumber we got in to do the job has made quite a mess and has disappeared on us leaving a nightmare situation! I have had some poor luck with previous plumbers and a couple have come to look at the job but then not got back with a quote. I understand plumbers are busy at this time of year but would appreciate a yes or no answer rather than no response at all or extreme pricing! Any suggestions or recommendations would be great. We are in the S6 area.

Thanks

I recently had Lee (Leepy)Rodgers S6 Handyman to decorate and carry out a few other handyman jobs.Very pleased with his work,nothing was too much trouble and a huge bonus Lee was reliable,punctual and friendly.wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.Thankyou Lee

Hi, I'm new to the forum so hope I have posted in the right place but was hoping someone might be able recommend a reliable plumber?

We have rebuilt our house and the plumber we got in to do the job has made quite a mess and has disappeared on us leaving a nightmare situation! I have had some poor luck with previous plumbers and a couple have come to look at the job but then not got back with a quote. I understand plumbers are busy at this time of year but would appreciate a yes or no answer rather than no response at all or extreme pricing! Any suggestions or recommendations would be great. We are in the S6 area.

Thanks

See my post#136.

The post before yours.

I've had a really bad experience with N.S. Decorators. I paid £2,500 for a decorating job. Nathan Broxholme is the person who runs it, he comes across as trustworthy but they left me high and dry with a poor quality, unfinished job. Has anyone else had dealings with them?