Predict outcome of Scottish Referendum here

predict outcome of Scottish referendum here  

67 members have voted

1. 1. predict outcome of Scottish referendum here

• YES 50% + 1 vote NO 50% -1 vote
    • NO 50% +1 vote YES 50% -1 vote
    • other (please specify)

The currency issue and the NHS puts the kibosh on Scottish independence. The Pound and the NHS belong to the UK government ,that Scotland would be leaving/exiting/kissing goodbye to with independence; why should Scotland still retain them? he's a choice chuff that Alex Salmond!

Edited by Guest

Many people believe this is about Oil. It is not. It is more about whiskey. When the oil is gone the Scotch will still be made....and the eastern markets are still opening with the new rich in China and India not too far behind. I believe the UK needs Scotland in the FUTURE and anyway no good ever came of division. There are examples all over the world of this. Korea/Vietnam/The Balkans to name a few. Scotland to remain in the Union by at least 8%

You seriously "cannot" build an economy on an alcoholic drink.:huh:

---------- Post added 24-08-2014 at 19:36 ----------

The currency issue and the NHS puts the kibosh on Scottish independence. The Pound and the NHS belong to the UK government ,that Scotland would be leaving/exiting/kissing goodbye to with independence; why should Scotland still retain them? he's a choice chuff that Alex Salmond!

The NHS has been devolved to Scotland. They can run it as they see fit.

The NHS has been devolved to Scotland. They can run it as they see fit.

I'd love to see an independent Scotland fund it alone.

I'd love to see an independent Scotland fund it alone.

I would. It's why I'm voting "YES"

Before that response you really should have examined the percentage of GDP this contributes to Scotland and the UK. The figures will astound you.

Before that response you really should have examined the percentage of GDP this contributes to Scotland and the UK. The figures will astound you.

I'm already aware Flug.

Interestingly, Russia's ban on products from certain nations doesn't include Whisky yet. Russia is a big importer of it.

I'm already aware Flug.

Interestingly, Russia's ban on products from certain nations doesn't include Whisky yet. Russia is a big importer of it.

Fair comment. But you have to say there is no comparison between the populations of China and India and the underpopulated ex Soviet block. On the other hand, any sanction at all of the product in the future could bankrupt Scotland at a stroke. Better off together.

On the other hand, any sanction at all of the product in the future could bankrupt Scotland at a stroke. Better off together.

Russia isn't even in the top 10 for whiskey exports. The argument that losing whiskey exports to Russia would bankrupt Scotland at a stroke is laughable;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-26974320

Self determination for subject people. Why should they have to suffer a Tory Government just because the Southern English want one?

The Tories used them as a guinea pig for the poll tax and their current policies just don't seem to be what the Scottish electorate wants. So they should go for it. Grasp the nettle. I'll miss them, and so will the Labour Party but it's their country, they should run it.

After 13 years of suffering under the last Labour government the current Government are a breath of fresh air. Let Labour govern the Jocks.......north of Hadrians wall is the best place for Labour ,out of the way where they cant cause us any more damage

Isn't it funny how the NO camp isn't being led by someone from the government, or even the main governing party-the ironically named "Conservative And Unionist Party"? Ironic that the person leading the campaign to keep the British State in tact belongs to a movement that historically has worked against the establishment.

Don't understand the poll.. but

well you must be thick as two short planks then. The vote, is either YES or NO.

there are very few, if any, kinds of elections that are easier to understand.

perhaps you would like to take the trouble to construct an internet poll that enables people to predict whether YES or NO will win by two points, five points, eight points, or more than ten points.

I couldn't be bothered.

The potential loss of between 7000 to 8000 jobs by removing trident is not going to help, if what Darling says is correct. Salmond says the job losses can be built back up within their own new defence arrangements over time. Not sure what would happen to the displaced workers in the mean time though.