Predict outcome of Scottish Referendum here

predict outcome of Scottish referendum here  

67 members have voted

1. 1. predict outcome of Scottish referendum here

• YES 50% + 1 vote NO 50% -1 vote
    • NO 50% +1 vote YES 50% -1 vote
    • other (please specify)

Isn't it funny how the NO camp isn't being led by someone from the government, or even the main governing party-the ironically named "Conservative And Unionist Party"? Ironic that the person leading the campaign to keep the British State in tact belongs to a movement that historically has worked against the establishment.

ultimately mate, you do not understand the Union. It was obvious from the start that both the main protaganists in the debate, would have to be both Scottish, that is Salmond and Darling. It is a Scottish question this for people that live in and come from Scotland like they both do. And quite rightly. I am pleased that Alistair Darling is finally putting the brilliant debating talent he always had, to good use.

ultimately mate, you do not understand the Union. It was obvious from the start that both the main protaganists in the debate, would have to be both Scottish, that is Salmond and Darling. It is a Scottish question this for people that live in and come from Scotland like they both do. And quite rightly. I am pleased that Alistair Darling is finally putting the brilliant debating talent he always had, to good use.

Good job the ex PM of the United Kingdom Mr. Brown was not put forward then;)

Brown was a hopeless debater, and so was Blair although Blair was a much better persuader than Brown. The No campaign made the right choice in assigning the fierce Scot but Unionist Alistair Darling, to be the front man.

No he didn`t last long at all at the helm. I was surprised though that there was not a rep from the Cameron camp. Makes you wonder what really goes on behind close doors between the parties that slag each other off in the public arena.

Edited by mart

My point was partly about the fact that the most unionist of all the parties-the Tories, are nowhere in this debate.

My point was partly about the fact that the most unionist of all the parties-the Tories, are nowhere in this debate.

I agree, they were conspicuous by their absence.

So who saw the second debate tonight ???

why should you be surprised about that. In Scotland they are voter poison. Do you not even know that?

why should you be surprised about that. In Scotland they are voter poison. Do you not even know that?

He is surprised because they are the ruling party. The party that is in government.

You seriously "cannot" build an economy on an alcoholic drink.:huh:

---------- Post added 24-08-2014 at 19:36 ----------

The NHS has been devolved to Scotland. They can run it as they see fit.

Not entirely but do not underestimate the importance of mind altering substances to an economy. Columbia, Peru, Mexico indeed most of central and south America takes a significant amount of money from the growth and distribution of cocaine.

Please Scotland for the love of god vote YES YES YES !!!

Please Scotland for the love of god vote YES YES YES !!!

I agree, would mean no more Labour governments in England.