Sheffield 'Litter' Fines From Council

A while ago in Rovverum I took some cash from the atm. Took the cash, dropped my receipt and never noticed but my lad did so he picked it up and gave it me. Then this council womble accosted us and started demanding my sons name as he 'saw him littering', then mine, then my daughters. He was a proper aggressive dick about it too. He got none of our names,  he made threats 🙄 then flounced off towards the British heart foundation probably to rugby tackle an old woman or something. Funny thing is he totally ignored the loud scruffy drunks about 20 feet away who were leaving mess all around them 🤔 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

A while ago in Rovverum I took some cash from the atm. Took the cash, dropped my receipt and never noticed but my lad did so he picked it up and gave it me. Then this council womble accosted us and started demanding my sons name as he 'saw him littering', then mine, then my daughters. He was a proper aggressive dick about it too. He got none of our names,  he made threats 🙄 then flounced off towards the British heart foundation probably to rugby tackle an old woman or something. Funny thing is he totally ignored the loud scruffy drunks about 20 feet away who were leaving mess all around them 🤔 

I use this when accosted by such folk, just ask them if they agree that ‘a smack in the mouth often offends’, it works a treat for me. 😉

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I'd make a complaint if I was you. Disgusting behaviour. Council officials are supposed to be tactful when going about the town as they should be creating a welcoming environment for visitors. As neither you or your family had littered, in fact the opposite, he had no business speaking to you in the first place. It sounds to me that he is mis-using his 'power'. He shouldn't be behaving aggressively anyway, litter or no litter. 

Ofcourse he ignored the crackhead thugs. People like this go for easy targets. If he is so bothered about litter, perhaps he should hang around that pub on the corner opposite the Interchange, just down from Heart Foundation on a Saturday night when all of the football fans are there. Plenty of litter will be dropped there and tab ends. Let's see how well that goes for him. 🤭 Ofcourse, he probably wouldn't say boo to a goose then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, crookesey said:

I use this when accosted by such folk, just ask them if they agree that ‘a smack in the mouth often offends’, it works a treat for me. 😉

25 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I'd make a complaint if I was you. Disgusting behaviour. Council officials are supposed to be tactful when going about the town as they should be creating a welcoming environment for visitors. As neither you or your family had littered, in fact the opposite, he had no business speaking to you in the first place. It sounds to me that he is mis-using his 'power'. He shouldn't be behaving aggressively anyway, litter or no litter. 

Ofcourse he ignored the crackhead thugs. People like this go for easy targets. If he is so bothered about litter, perhaps he should hang around that pub on the corner opposite the Interchange, just down from Heart Foundation on a Saturday night when all of the football fans are there. Plenty of litter will be dropped there and tab ends. Let's see how well that goes for him. 🤭 Ofcourse, he probably wouldn't say boo to a goose then.

Rotherham is another council that outsourced 'litter wombles'. 

Contrary to what the council will tell you is that they're on commission. The council only get a small portion of the fine and the womble firm gets the rest plus whatever the council pay them. They will always go after the easy targets because they're nothing but thugs who have no other prospects in life. 

• Like 2

A council representative is a product of the authority that they purport to represent. They have their favoured ‘grasses’ who spend much of their useless lives peeking from the gaps between their curtains, we have a pair of next door neighbours who appear know what we are about to do before we do. They delight in telling everyone and sundry what ‘good neighbours’ they are whilst being anything but,

It’s in your own hands to tell the council’s ‘grasses’ where to shove their noses, that is unless they need assistance in doing so. Our nosey neighbours all but run for cover at the very sight of us, job done. 🤙

3 hours ago, Resident said:

Rotherham is another council that outsourced 'litter wombles'. 

Contrary to what the council will tell you is that they're on commission. The council only get a small portion of the fine and the womble firm gets the rest plus whatever the council pay them. They will always go after the easy targets because they're nothing but thugs who have no other prospects in life. 

They may as well not bother with fines and just employ more people to sweep it up then if they only go after soft targets.  Dropping cigarette ends and cash machine slips is bad but if that was the only litter we had to deal with, we wouldn’t have much of a litter problem overall.  
Takeaway/junk food packaging and drink bottles and cans are the big problems.  

2 hours ago, redruby said:

They may as well not bother with fines and just employ more people to sweep it up then if they only go after soft targets.  Dropping cigarette ends and cash machine slips is bad but if that was the only litter we had to deal with, we wouldn’t have much of a litter problem overall.  

Only when there empty!

Edited by gaz 786

3 hours ago, redruby said:

Councillor's mates don't get rich by that though.

18 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Only when there empty!

I’ve found a surprising number of unopened drink bottles and cans dropped as litter! 

There are also evidently a lot of people daft enough to pay for bottle of soft drink and have about 2 sips before chucking the rest away.  

18 hours ago, Resident said:
  • Thanks 1

How strange it is to read views on these forums.

We can read about how everyone's sick and tired of Sheffield being a general rubbish dump with litter everywhere.

Then we can read about the people who have the contract to stop people dropping the litter who apparently,   shouldn't ask people not to litter or,  they don't ask in the proper manner.

Would we like to see the city clean and rubbish free or not ?      People DO drop litter whether by accident or with intent.     Someone needs to do something about it.

If you drop litter whether by accident or intent,  you deserve to be told,   if you agree we don't want the city to look like a dump.

If you don't like being told   or   you don't like the manner in which you are told,   ( you could always film it as proof ),  then simply don't drop litter and the litter people should leave you completely alone.

Most foreign cities look absolutely immaculate compared with ours and we should be ashamed.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

shouldn't ask people not to litter or,  they don't ask in the proper manner.

Daddy's son DID NOT litter. His ATM receipt dropped on the floor and he picked it up. The Enforcement Officer was fabricating the event in order to issue a PCN.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Daddy's son DID NOT litter. His ATM receipt dropped on the floor and he picked it up. The Enforcement Officer was fabricating the event in order to issue a PCN.

I appreciate the fact that his son picked it up but it HAD BEEN DROPPED,  which is littering.

In a situation like this we only have the words of the people involved to judge by so it's a case of  "Who do you believe".

Do YOU believe that littering should be allowed or stopped ?        You can't have it both ways.

Cameras are the best enforcer and then people will complain about them too.           JUST DON'T DROP LITTER and there will be no repercussions.