As I drove across the Snake Pass last night (Sheffield bound) at around 3am there were 100s of young people walking along the road, surely enough none were wearing any bright clothing & quite a few nearly got run over (not only by me) :rant: . Alcohol was quite clearly being consumed, was there a rave or something going on? There were 2 police officers present but the blue lights on their car just seemed to add to the party mood :hihi: , no crowd control was in force, the other concern was the parking of vehicles at the side of the road, many seemed to have just been abandoned. A curious site indeed!!!!!! :huh: The weather was dry & warm & there was quite a few ladies present that probably wore more clothes on a sunny day at the beach which made the whole situation more bearable however :hihi:

It was like that at Tesco Infirmary Road last night, loads cueing for toilets as well and many more on the Road next to Tesco, we wondered what was happening.

It was like that at Tesco Infirmary Road last night, loads cueing for toilets as well and many more on the Road next to Tesco, we wondered what was happening.

Peace in the Park one day festival.

Snake pass could well have been an after-party?

As I drove across the Snake Pass last night (Sheffield bound) at around 3am there were 100s of young people walking along the road, surely enough none were wearing any bright clothing & quite a few nearly got run over (not only by me) :rant: . Alcohol was quite clearly being consumed, was there a rave or something going on? There were 2 police officers present but the blue lights on their car just seemed to add to the party mood :hihi: , no crowd control was in force, the other concern was the parking of vehicles at the side of the road, many seemed to have just been abandoned. A curious site indeed!!!!!! :huh: The weather was dry & warm & there was quite a few ladies present that probably wore more clothes on a sunny day at the beach which made the whole situation more bearable however :hihi:

Peace in the Dark, as onewheeldave stated, an after party to Peace in the park

I doubt it was connected to PITP.

Why would they have an after party linked to it but so far away ? :huh:

There were official after parties in Sheffield.

Thanks, I did try googling it without success, strange place to hold it though surely, no public transport access & no parking facilities. The organisation of the event seemed non existent which is why I thought it may have been some kind of illegal rave. :)

It was a free party Peace in the Dark, approx 1500 people.

Just hope they enjoyed themselves without causing any problems.

I doubt it was connected to PITP.

Why would they have an after party linked to it but so far away ? :huh:

There were official after parties in Sheffield.

It was.

In answer to the bold, precisely because it was so far away!

We rode past at 8.30 this morning, hundreds of people staggering all over the Snake Pass! It was pretty dangerous as there were so many people at points they were taking up a whole lane and traffic had to go around them. Then just after the Ladybower on the left hand side the rave was still going, I took a video on my phone as it was a surreal experience.

We rode to the summit and then came back down, there were dozens of black cabs stopping all over the place and quite a few police cars and vans knocking around.

Edited by Rob_1

Peace in the dark, was awesome as ever! The police seemed very reasonable from what I saw, and made the road situation a little safer. Only downside to free parties is their usually a rather expensive taxi ride away! I love the underground sheffield scene, respect to all the organisers, rigs, and djs.

Peace in the dark, was awesome as ever! The police seemed very reasonable from what I saw, and made the road situation a little safer. Only downside to free parties is their usually a rather expensive taxi ride away! I love the underground sheffield scene, respect to all the organisers, rigs, and djs.

So where was it exactly ? :huh:

I doubt it's any secret now, but pm me if you'd rather. :)