Crash on a57 air ambulance

Geographic indications do not make sense?

At around 1:30pm on Saturday 14th June, a black BMW 3 series was travelling along the A57, Worksop Road, from Todwick towards Worksop.

At the same time, a yellow Vauxhall Astra van and a white Vauxhall Astra estate were travelling on the opposite side of the road, towards Todwick.

The three cars were involved in a collision between Kiveton Lane and Goosecarr Lane

So the BMW was travelling past the Red Lion roundabout towards Worksop, but the collision was on the new bit of dual carriage way before the roundabout in that direction...:huh:

If they were all travelling in the same direction, I'd have said a car joined the A57 towards the M1 at the Goosecar Lane ramp without checking traffic/adapting speed. But if they had a head-on, then that must have been on or after Kiveton Lane/the roundabout. Or perhaps the BMW managed to get on the A57 from Goosecar Lane the wrong way...

Edited by L00b

Geographic indications do not make sense?

So the BMW was travelling past the Red Lion roundabout towards Worksop, but the collision was on the new bit of dual carriage way before the roundabout in that direction...:huh:

Maybe its a typo and they meant the BMW was traveling to Sheffield? It is a Johnston Publishing company after all!

Maybe its a typo and they meant the BMW was traveling to Sheffield? It is a Johnston Publishing company after all!
True, true.

To me, the location given for the 2 Vauxalls ("travelling towards Todwick", presumably from Worksop/Anston) place the collision between Anston and the roundabout, suggesting to me the last sentence ("between Kiveton Lane and Goosecar Lanes") is the wrong bit.

On the Anston-roundabout stretch, 2 places where I can think of a 'bad' head-on to occur, due to a driver overtaking without a clear line of sight (seems an increasingly-done thing, some of the passing I saw by an 'Animal' SUV on the way back from the coast Saturday afternoon! Jeebus! :o:loopy:)

The new A57 is a straight-as-an-i wide 4 laner plus a thick-ish central barrier, a head-on there would take some doing (or a car mistakenly travelling contraflow from Gooserar Lane).

It was never scary even before the remodelling, all it needed was a moderate (read: standard/basic) amount of road and speed awareness. People still drive too fast (faster still now, in my daily experience) on it up to/from Anston.

Edited by L00b

True, true.

To me, the location given for the 2 Vauxalls ("travelling towards Todwick", presumably from Worksop/Anston) place the collision between Anston and the roundabout, suggesting to me the last sentence ("between Kiveton Lane and Goosecar Lanes") is the wrong bit.

On the Anston-roundabout stretch, 2 places where I can think of a 'bad' head-on to occur, due to a driver overtaking without a clear line of sight (seems an increasingly-done thing, some of the passing I saw by an 'Animal' SUV on the way back from the coast Saturday afternoon! Jeebus! :o:loopy:)

The new A57 is a straight-as-an-i wide 4 laner plus a thick-ish central barrier, a head-on there would take some doing (or a car mistakenly travelling contraflow from Gooserar Lane).

It was never scary even before the remodelling, all it needed was a moderate (read: standard/basic) amount of road and speed awareness. People still drive too fast (faster still now, in my daily experience) on it up to/from Anston.

If you where travelling towards Worksop from Sheffield the accident happened just after the Red lion Roundabout. It wasn't on the duel carriageway it was on the single carriageway that goes between the Red Lion Roundabout and the Shell Garage at Anston. The above report is not clear and makes it confusing as to were the accident was.

No idea how the accident happened at the moment but I am sure it will all become clear in the future.