M1 Closed Northwards

M1 Closed from junction 29/29a Northwards BBC Local News

Was a broken down lorry,was rammed in the back by another lorry,how does that happen at 3:30am ???? Texting ? On the phone ? Half asleep ?

Was caught up in this about 200 yards from the scene at 4am.1 lorry looked like it was rammed from behind that's caused it to be diagonally across all 3 carriageways. The rear lorries cab was embedded in the trailer all mangled up so hope the driver is ok. At around 7.15 the Highways agency started turning cars around & back down the carriageway to an open point in the hard shoulder barriers to go back up the hard shoulder past the incident. Really looks bad & I suspect the northbound section will be closed for the majority of the day.

Was a broken down lorry,was rammed in the back by another lorry,how does that happen at 3:30am ???? Texting ? On the phone ? Half asleep ?

The money wasted on accident investigations when all they have to do is contact people like you.Have you ever driven 44 tonnes ? How long since you were out on the motorways at 03.30? Your comments are ill informed ,speculative and typical of a gossiper and rumour monger.

If it's between 29 and 31 it usually gets very busy through Chesterfield, up the Dronfield bypass and presumably along the ring road and back out on the parkway (I go down Chessie Road to Woodseats so can't comment on the ring road/parkway section). A day to avoid travelling in those areas if possible I think.

There has know being a crash on cheesy bypass avoid the area if you can

The money wasted on accident investigations when all they have to do is contact people like you.Have you ever driven 44 tonnes ? How long since you were out on the motorways at 03.30? Your comments are ill informed ,speculative and typical of a gossiper and rumour monger.

In know enough about that part of the motorway to know it's relatively quiet at that time and if you're driving 44 tonnes of lorry it may help to look in front of the vehicle.

I agree.

It's dark, the motorway is empty, you're speed is limited to 50, you may be quite tired.

So why drive so close to the vehicle in front that you are unable to stop, or swerve out of the way when something happens.

Lorry drivers go through alot of training to get their licence, which part of that training says leave less than 6tf gap between vehicles when travelling on the motorway???

(and yes that is a reference to the countless number of times I've seen HGV's driving far too close through the M1 roadworks)

I agree.

It's dark, the motorway is empty, you're speed is limited to 50, you may be quite tired.

So why drive so close to the vehicle in front that you are unable to stop, or swerve out of the way when something happens.

Lorry drivers go through alot of training to get their licence, which part of that training says leave less than 6tf gap between vehicles when travelling on the motorway???

(and yes that is a reference to the countless number of times I've seen HGV's driving far too close through the M1 roadworks)

If lorrys stick to 50 i'll stand hanging. Even in the restricted zone they keepthe behicle on autopilot anf trundle through. We had one in the middle lane flashing us the other day 'cos our driver was only doing 52mph.

If lorrys stick to 50 i'll stand hanging. Even in the restricted zone they keepthe behicle on autopilot anf trundle through. We had one in the middle lane flashing us the other day 'cos our driver was only doing 52mph.

I was once doing 55mph in the middle lane and had a lorry flashing me from behind so I let him pass and he flew down, didn't have a trailer on though.

OK, I'll bite: why on earth were you only doing 55mph in the middle lane?

OK, I'll bite: why on earth were you only doing 55mph in the middle lane?

Its a 50mph limit we are discussing, 52-55 on the speedo allows for the speedo dfferential to true speeds. Some 1st lane wagons often aren't doing 50 especially on the 29-30 section.