Greenfinches Where are they?

Has anyone seen any Greenfinches? If so where? ;)

Try down by the Parkway markets. It's always been a good spot for them.

20 years ago in Salford they regularly came into our garden. More recently I've seen them in Tesco car park on Infirmary Rd. But they've become rarer recently.

I see goldfinches every day, they fly around the houses and visit my niger feeders.

Not seen many greenfinches,but found a handsome male bullfinch dead in garden last week looked like a cat had got him.

Saw them up north, Drumbeg, along with goldfinches, siskins, plentiful but beautiful chaffinches, cuckoos, bull finches, sea eagles!!!, osprey!!! and so on.

Perhaps the city isn't the best place to watch birds ;)

They have declined in the last decade ,one of the main reasons is the spread of trichomonosis which is passed from bird to bird at feeding places,i think through their saliva?(could be wrong with that).keeping your feeding stations in the garden clean can help in reducing the spread of it.

I have a pair still come to my garden to feed on the sunflower hearts but up until two years ago i used to get upwards of 4 different pairs visiting at any one time.

when i was a kid living on the manor i still remember the day a greenfich first visited our garden to feed on peanuts.I watched it for hours through my boots £15 binoculars,i felt like David Attenborough!!!

Perhaps the city isn't the best place to watch birds ;)

Seen some birdie bloke on the telly the other day saying that of all the species of birds ever spotted in the UK 80% of those have been spotted in city centres (obviously as well as out of city centres).

We have plenty of bullfinches in our garden! But not seen any greenfinches use to see linnets once upon a time not seen any for ages.

Edited by allwednesday

I have not seen any for a while, until i started feeding black sunflower seeds a few weeks ago, and the green finches have made an appearance :)

They look like sparrows from a distance, but there flight is all but different. they will fly high and low in a wave pattern, look out for it :-)