Normanton Hill/Jasmyn Chan/ Police appeal/ Man charged

I have personally reported a car that I thought was a likely suspect. I think everyone in the City has their eyes peeled for anything that could possibly be the car responsible.

Someone knows something, & sooner or later it will come out. People like this cant hide forever.

On the subject of drive off motorists, did the Police ever catch those bikers who seriously injured that girl in Rotherham last summer ?

Jesus Christ!!!! Who could do that and ride off?? It makes me really angry! That poor little mite :( .

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 14:41 ----------

I have personally reported a car that I thought was a likely suspect. I think everyone in the City has their eyes peeled for anything that could possibly be the car responsible.

Someone knows something, & sooner or later it will come out. People like this cant hide forever.

This is my hope, someone soon will slip up and drop somone in it. Obviously it would be better for the driver to hand themselves in but they clearly arent going to do that. Theyve turned a situation where they may not have gone to prison (if there were any mitigating factors and such like) to one where they most definitely will go to prison. Its a complete waste of so many lives.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 14:46 ----------

I feel the same as you Closet Guy. I sense your frustration. My kids knew who Jazzy was, not to talk to but they go to Birley. I too feel like I want to try and help but I have faith in the Police. They want this scumbag and they know what they're doing.

I still have faith that they will catch Simon Holdsworth's killer at some point. Look at the recent developments with regard to Claudia Lawrence.

Me too with regard to Simon. Such a tragic waste of life :( and i have to say i do too have faith in the police on this one.

Ive had reason to talk to the police in both the Simon Holdsworth case and this tragedy. One time a friend was supplying cctv footage and the next one my kids house had cameras so they took some footage from there. On both occasion when talking to the police you can feel they are taking in personally if you know what i mean. I get the impression they are even more desperate to catch the people responsible that anyone realises. The waiting cant be an easy thing for the families to do but i just dont see a scenario where they wont get caught. Then hopefully the courts will dish out some justice and the families can move on.

In the Police I have faith... the Courts, I'm not so sure. You hear of so many criminals getting pathetic sentences.

In the Police I have faith... the Courts, I'm not so sure. You hear of so many criminals getting pathetic sentences.

It's the politicians elected by the general public who are mostly involved in the creation of criminal law. Look to them.

Exactly no harm in looking and yes it could be burnt out, but they still maybe able to get some DNA, but mainly thank you so so much to all of those of you who tell me you are already looking, that is so good to hear, I cannot tell you or thank you, surely between us all we can find this person who has shattered our lives.

Seeing Jasmyn's parents doing their appeal today broke my heart. They are both obviously devastated.

If the person who is responsible for this callous act was watching them and doesn't come forward. They must have a heart of stone.

Those poor parents. My kids must have crossed that road hundreds of times when they were younger. As did many others. It makes you realise. It could have been any one of them.

R I P Jasmyn.

Latest update from South Yorkshire Police.

A man is in custody.

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/news-syp/arrest-made-after-fatal-collision

As this is an ongoing investigation please don't speculate about the identity of the person.

Thanks for that Mort, let's hope if this is the individual responsible, that it is dealt with swiftly & appropriately.

Exactly no harm in looking and yes it could be burnt out, but they still maybe able to get some DNA, but mainly thank you so so much to all of those of you who tell me you are already looking, that is so good to hear, I cannot tell you or thank you, surely between us all we can find this person who has shattered our lives.

The culprit, if and when found guilty, should have the book thrown at them. My eldest granddaughter is 14, the same age as Jazzy. When they said that the child was a 14 year old, my heart was in my mouth.

I think that sentencing handed down in cases like this are far too lenient. it should be a more appropriate punishement

Great news!! If this is the person responsible i hope the law shows no mercy.

Latest update from South Yorkshire Police.

A man is in custody.

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/news-syp/arrest-made-after-fatal-collision

As this is an ongoing investigation please don't speculate about the identity of the person.

Good. The best news I've had in days.