Normanton Hill/Jasmyn Chan/ Police appeal/ Man charged

Skid marks of 70m are mentioned in the press reports.

On a dry road flat road that could indicate a speed of over 70mph. Many other factors such as type of tarmac, incline etc but the police investigators will have all that.

Either way it looks like a speed well in excess of 30mph was a factor.

It is of course absolutely tragic what has happened to that girl, my heart really goes out to the parents, I really don`t know how I`d cope if my little lad was killed like this.

The police are (rightly) pulling out all the stops to catch the scumbag who was driving that car but the problem is they`re completely inconsistent about aggressive driving, and if you don`t believe me you try reporting the next piece of dangerous/aggressive driving you see. Take my word for it they won`t be interested, I`ve done it and they weren`t bothered. They`re only interested when someone gets killed or seriously injured, but that`s way too late in my book.

Worse still it isn`t just the police who are inconsistent about fast and aggressive driving and road safety, there`ll be loads of drivers who are genuinely upset at this death, yet drive far too fast and actually object to anything (like speed cameras) trying to slow them down !

Food for thought......

Edited by Justin Smith

Closet Guy.....it has been on the National News from the BBC, also on Radio 2 news bulletins every hour. Not sure about newspapers though, I don't buy them.

A very sad occurrence indeed.

Condolences to the family and all concerned.

Thank you for that Allen. I must have missed them but i dip in and out of TV news if im honest.

This is absolutely dreadful, both families must be devastated!!!

What on earth were a 12 and 14 year old doing out at that time of night, it's beyond me!!

I hope the driver does come forward and can explain exactly what happened just to give the family the answers they may need, but it still won't bring that poor girl back :-(

My grandaughter was the one who was killed, she was 14 not 4, 9.15 is quite acceptable for that age group on a friday night to be out. She also died a hero, remember that

My grandaughter was the one who was killed, she was 14 not 4, 9.15 is quite acceptable for that age group on a friday night to be out. She also died a hero, remember that

It's made me feel sick that you've had to come on here in defence.

I'm sure the person who posted about the time feels that way too now seeing you post.

At such a tragic time , I can only send my thoughts and prayers to you and your family . I really can't start to comprehend how you all feel.

Rest in Peace Jasmyn , you heroic little angel XXXX

I came past again last night, huge amount of tributes to her x

Edited by Lindseyw

it didnt help that the steet lights were out and had been for a week, and 3days later still off,they were reported to the councill a few days before came down last night and still off this is digusting to still not have these lights on ,they should have been done next day, and it needs a speed camera or two that way it would have got the reg number,so come on northen power get em fixed now

it didnt help that the steet lights were out and had been for a week, and 3days later still off,they were reported to the councill a few days before came down last night and still off this is digusting to still not have these lights on ,they should have been done next day, and it needs a speed camera or two that way it would have got the reg number,so come on northen power get em fixed now

Street lights would probably not have helped much.

---------- Post added 13-05-2014 at 16:39 ----------

Any loss is a sad loss but a child in circumstances like these? I cant even being to comprehend what you all must be going through.

If anyone ever needed an reason to go out and actively look for the car, SUZIFACEs post is it. All the bloody cameras this city has and the car just vanished?!?!?

I cant get my head around that :(

Edited by Closet Guy.

Condolences to Suziface and her family. Just hope the Police are getting close.

Thank you to MOST of you on here for your kind thoughts and condolences, I have dealt with the woman whose comment has sparked anger from other forum members, Jasmyn was one of our grandchildren, the pain is immense, I wokeup today saying I wouldnt cry today, by 11am I had had the hankie out three times. Its just so hard, I cant really think yet about the person who has done this, need toget used to what has happened to Jazzy first.

Jazz gave her life to save some one elses, so please do something nice today for someone else, let her loss not be in vain.

Thank you

Sue and Mac

Two heart broken grandparents

Thank you to MOST of you on here for your kind thoughts and condolences, I have dealt with the woman whose comment has sparked anger from other forum members, Jasmyn was one of our grandchildren, the pain is immense, I wokeup today saying I wouldnt cry today, by 11am I had had the hankie out three times. Its just so hard, I cant really think yet about the person who has done this, need toget used to what has happened to Jazzy first.

Jazz gave her life to save some one elses, so please do something nice today for someone else, let her loss not be in vain.

Thank you

Sue and Mac

Two heart broken grandparents

Heartfelt condolences to you and your famliy Sue, your posts make this tragedy human and not a debating football to be kicked around a community forum.

RIP Jazzy.

Heartfelt condolences to you and your famliy Sue, your posts make this tragedy human and not a debating football to be kicked around a community forum.

RIP Jazzy.

thanks for that mate...tragic...just hope the driver gets caught soon....

No words I can say can lessen the pain the family are suffering right now. My condolences go out to family and friends. My thoughts are with you.

RIP Jazzy.