Clarkson and the N word

Like a lot of lefties on here Costello's only pretends to be a lefty (he's loaded and quite the capitalist). So yes I would imagine that it is A-OK with them. Birds of a feather and all that.

Hehe, reminded me of Alexi Sayle and his foreign property although I guess to him it's like having a dacha.

There was once talk of banning Fairytale of New York because of the word "Faggot".

And several other potentially-offensive words pop up there, too.

[sorry for making 'Fairytale' into 'Ballad' (post #307)!]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/top-gear/10995483/Jeremy-Clarksons-slope-joke-on-Top-Gear-was-deliberate-use-of-racist-term-Ofcom-rules.html

Clarkson and the BBC guilty of deliberate racism..............Ofcom.

Jeremy Clarkson deliberately used offensive racial language when he described an Asian man as a “slope” during an episode of Top Gear, Ofcom has ruled.

Be honest: who in this country even knew that 'slope' is a pejorative in certain other countries?

Be honest: who in this country even knew that 'slope' is a pejorative in certain other countries?

He could be referring to hill slopes :hihi:

That's exactly what Clarkson and his TV mates were asking before they came up with the 'Sketch'................answer they came up with must have been,none....................wrong...............that's the mistake Clarkson made and the reason that he is now branded as a racist.

I wonder what May and Hammond think of all this ???

I think part of the point is Clarkson made the reference fully aware of it's connotations

Its used in Apocalypse Now by Robert Duvall. Quite famous & memorable.

He could be referring to hill slopes :hihi:

Hence the double entendre!

if it wasnt for those two viewers complaining, he would have got away with that hill slope comment .. haha .. caught out