Degenerates attacking Heeley Farm.

I feel sorry for all the people that work hard to keep Heeley farm going, must be heartbreaking for them when they go next day !

Hi all - thanks for offers of help and good wishes with this.

We have suffered a spate of targeted attacks over the last fortnight (which aren't the usual vandalism) where the people involved have been trying to find money/things of value. When this hasn't happened they have caused a mess. It's very upsetting not just for staff who have to spend the time which they are paid for training/tutoring kids and adults with disabilities, clearing up and mending damage to our property but also for those kids and adults with disabilites who live with autism for example and become very upset byt these sorts of things.

We are working with the police as much as we can - they do regular patrols around the farm and scenes of crimes officers have been down on every occasion to gather as much evidence as possible. They do have some DNA evidence and will catch whoever it is eventually.

We have cctv but is does need upgrading - if anyone knows anyone willing to do a really good deal on something or donate some equipment that would be great - thank you :)

We are looking at other forms of security including some sort of watch group but nothing is set in stone at the moment.

Can we just say a big thank you to the people who came and donated money as a result of the radio interview on Toby Foster on Friday - you are all lovely people thank you so much :)

xxTeam at the Farm

Hi all - thanks for offers of help and good wishes with this.

We have suffered a spate of targeted attacks over the last fortnight (which aren't the usual vandalism) where the people involved have been trying to find money/things of value. When this hasn't happened they have caused a mess. It's very upsetting not just for staff who have to spend the time which they are paid for training/tutoring kids and adults with disabilities, clearing up and mending damage to our property but also for those kids and adults with disabilites who live with autism for example and become very upset byt these sorts of things.

We are working with the police as much as we can - they do regular patrols around the farm and scenes of crimes officers have been down on every occasion to gather as much evidence as possible. They do have some DNA evidence and will catch whoever it is eventually.

We have cctv but is does need upgrading - if anyone knows anyone willing to do a really good deal on something or donate some equipment that would be great - thank you :)

We are looking at other forms of security including some sort of watch group but nothing is set in stone at the moment.

Can we just say a big thank you to the people who came and donated money as a result of the radio interview on Toby Foster on Friday - you are all lovely people thank you so much :)

xxTeam at the Farm

Thankyou for the news updates.

The idea of the local community doing something proactive and forming a "Farmwatch Group" is really appealing and as I've said previously I will give my time if you can get it organised. There are other people who have contacted me who feel the same way.

Maybe if a meeting was called for all interested parties to discuss the idea we could do this sooner rather than later.

It's great that people have come forward to donate and some good has come out of this awful situation. I hope it helps restore people's (who use and work at the farm) faith in humanity a little.

I wonder though, if there are not other people out there who would like to donate but are being put off because they think until the farm is securely protected then it might end up being for nothing. Because of this, I wonder if it might be a good idea for a local security firm to offer a good deal to the farm and the farm set up a facebook/just giving page or whatever - ideally where you can pay easily via paypal too - where people can pay directly to the 'cctv camera fund' and if there are any local businesses/sponsors out there who may match donations on a like for like basis? It would be excellent publicity for all involved.

I wonder if you could approach local primary schools and arrange for a 'down on the farm' non-uniform day, in aid of the farm, where the children pay a £1 or something similar.

Also, the Heeley Festivals you have a great afternoon out and are free, so why not have a few people rattling tins clearly marked up for 'heeley farm cctv fund' on the day? and a little stall with pictures of the history of the farm and the terrible arson attack there?

Thankyou for the news updates.

The idea of the local community doing something proactive and forming a "Farmwatch Group" is really appealing and as I've said previously I will give my time if you can get it organised. There are other people who have contacted me who feel the same way.

Maybe if a meeting was called for all interested parties to discuss the idea we could do this sooner rather than later.

^ This

I'm limited to what time I can give but would happily do the odd watch shift for a few hours

I think stop and search is in order for anyone wearing a hoodie.

^ This

I'm limited to what time I can give but would happily do the odd watch shift for a few hours

Armed with a bat I would hope :roll:

---------- Post added 06-05-2014 at 23:35 ----------

Too many big words for you eh?

How Patronising can you be then ? Oh educated one ...

:loopy:

I think stop and search is in order for anyone wearing a hoodie.

Possibly a bit optimistic to class that as 'thought' :)

Could anyone wanting to volunteer for a "Farm Watch" project please contact me by PM.

A meeting is being organised with prospective volunteers, police and farm management in the near future so if you live locally and have time this is your opportunity to get involved in a proactive scheme by the local community for what is a wonderful community establishment.

Thanks!

Ladies and Gents upon reading all your comments and having spoken to a few of you, i see there are some great ideas. the use of force will not be needed as a few people being there is enough to put someone off.

I am of military back ground and I will be working really close with the farm and with the police to ensure these break ins can be stopped I don't want to see fences around the farm, it wont be a community farm then it will just become a zoo....

if you will like to help the farm come forward with your name and contact details and lets stop these degenerates from destroying something that others have worked hard to build. back in 94 me and my brother helped on the farm every time we came to visit my grandma and granddad. some jackass burnt it down. there will be no repeat of that i can assure you.

Instead of using words people its time for us to act and act quickly if you want to help then come forward lets see who will stand out to go out of their way to do something for the community.

The ball is in your court folks.

SD sorry it took me awhile to get back to your pm been really busy.

Edited by Secret-Ninja

Well done, Maplins.