House fire Nether Edge

because how belittling you may think it is, IF the names arent already in the public domain and the family dont want it to be made public then the forum could get into trouble, he was doing it to be safe rather than maliciously.

R.I.P :(

How did you figure this one out? Trouble in what way?

Rented my 1st house on Wake Rd when I got married,brings it home how this happens on our doorstep.

I used to live just a stones throw away from the road. Im talking 30+ years ago but i remember it.

Looking at the Star link im glad (if thats the right word) thats it seems like it was an accident, tragic as it is id hate to think someone did this deliberately.

By the way, dont open the Star link unless you are made of stern stuff. Im not, i opened it and seeing the picture of the boys brought me to tears.

So so sad.

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 09:57 ----------

How did you figure this one out? Trouble in what way?

Not been funny but is there any point to what youre asking?

I reported the thread, not to be awkward or funny but because the fire had been incredibly recent. My issue was that it may have been too early to name names and so i reported the thread to the admin for them to okay.

As it turns out the names were releases in the media, i didnt know this at the time as i wasn t watching a tv.

In short i made a mistake, an error, and im sorry but it was with the best intentions i can assure you.

I used to live just a stones throw away from the road. Im talking 30+ years ago but i remember it.

Looking at the Star link im glad (if thats the right word) thats it seems like it was an accident, tragic as it is id hate to think someone did this deliberately.

By the way, dont open the Star link unless you are made of stern stuff. Im not, i opened it and seeing the picture of the boys brought me to tears.

So so sad.

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 09:57 ----------

Not been funny but is there any point to what youre asking?

I reported the thread, not to be awkward or funny but because the fire had been incredibly recent. My issue was that it may have been too early to name names and so i reported the thread to the admin for them to okay.

As it turns out the names were releases in the media, i didnt know this at the time as i wasn t watching a tv.

In short i made a mistake, an error, and im sorry but it was with the best intentions i can assure you.

Its really awful , this is just a horrid accident which has taken 5 people who live on my road

This is so very sad. Were there any family members that survived? If so, is there a fund we can contribute to to help out the family -- perhaps a mosque or a church or another charity?

This is so very sad. Were there any family members that survived? If so, is there a fund we can contribute to to help out the family -- perhaps a mosque or a church or another charity?

I think there will be collection for them at the Mosque or Sams general store on empire road

Thanks, Teeny. I'll pop into the general store to see what's up -- is that the butchers/grocery/newsagents on the corner?

Thanks, Teeny. I'll pop into the general store to see what's up -- is that the butchers/grocery/newsagents on the corner?

Yes it is , they will know whats what for sure .:)

Our latest update on the investigation can be found here http://www.syfire.gov.uk/3427.asp

We will have fire service staff in the area today and throughout the weekend offering safety advice, home safety checks and free smoke alarms if needed. Please look out for us if you are in the area.

Funerals of the three children and two women who died in a fatal house fire in Wake Road, Nether Edge, Sheffield, last week are set to take place tomorrow (Thursday 8 May).

The funeral will be held at the Madina Masjid mosque in Wolseley Road after 2pm prayers, followed by a burial at City Road Cemetery.

A significant number of mourners are expected, and as a result Wolseley Road will be closed from 11am until around 3pm.

Sheffield district commander Chief Superintendent David Hartley, who will be attending the service tomorrow, said: "Our thoughts remain with the family of those who died in this tragic blaze."

As do all our thoughts I'm sure. Sincere condolences to all family and friends. RIP.

Yes I echo that and hope that their beliefs and love for one another, along with the well wishes from the wider community will give them strength to face tomorrow and the coming days. xxx

I imagine the various media reporters are horribly intrusive.

We were called first thing in the morning after the fire, by the Evening Standard. That was a surprise.

Hi -- I asked a while back if there was anyone collecting for the family and someone made the suggestion of checking with the general store there. Just wanted to follow up to say the general store didn't know of anything. If any of you know of a way to donate, I'd still like to help.