House fire Nether Edge

Smoke Alarm fitted?

Apparently so, but noone knows just how the fire started yet.

Smoke Alarm fitted?

If there was one fitted it didnt do much good. Right now im in the middle of checking mine.

TWO dont work so im replacing them today.

Another has only a bit of life left in the battery so im replacing ALL the batteries too.

Im taking no chances!!!

My condolences to the family and friends. :(

Just been stated on BBC news that the Father and Mother of the children were both out working when this tragedy occurred.

Just awful news :-(

The 2 local women have been named as Shabina Begum & Anum Parvaiz. Two of the children have been named locally as 9 year-old Adhyan Nazim & 7 year-old Amaan Nazim.

R.I.P

Sad news my thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.

Thanks to the previous poster who provided the link regarding smoke alarms. Please check your smoke alarms forumers.

Just awful news :-(

The 2 local women have been named as Shabina Begum & Anum Parvaiz. Two of the children have been named locally as 9 year-old Adhyan Nazim & 7 year-old Amaan Nazim.

R.I.P

Just to let you know i reported your post. Not because i feel its in any way wrong but i think the mods and admin need to ok the naming of names.

Hope you understand.

Just to let you know i reported your post. Not because i feel its in any way wrong but i think the mods and admin need to ok the naming of names.

Hope you understand.

The victims have been named by the BBC on the Look North twitter feed, so the information is in the public domain now.

Right. Thanks you two. I havent had the news on tv for most of the morning so i didnt know they had been officially named.

Right. Thanks you two. I havent had the news on tv for most of the morning so i didnt know they had been officially named.

In the aftermath of a tragic incident, why are people running around and reporting posts? A period of silent reflection would be welcome.

In the aftermath of a tragic incident, why are people running around and reporting posts? A period of silent reflection would be welcome.

What people? Whos running around?

If you mean why did i report the post, well the clue is in the words i used to explain why.