Healthy 'fast food' outlets, are there any?

One thing I have noticed, I like fast food, I frequent various fast food outlets, but what I don't see in them is lots of obese people, most look an healthy weight.

They tend to do drive through or get a delivery so you don't notice as much. The ones that walked in aren't usually fat. Burger King at Centertainment is often a good place to see them though, not sure if there's some problem with their drive through, or if it's just their parking spaces are bigger for the big 4x4 trucks they need.

Edited by anywebsite

They tend to do drive through or get a delivery so you don't notice as much. The ones that walked in aren't usually fat. Burger King at Centertainment is often a good place to see them though, not sure if there's some problem with their drive through, or if it's just their parking spaces are bigger for the big 4x4 trucks they need.

:o How rude, but probably accurate. :D

I have seen people too big for normal cars at that BK, so big they can hardly walk & need a special American sized car to fit in. McDonalds & KFC drive throughs tend to be much tighter than that one, so maybe they're self limiting when you get to morbidly obese.

Edited by anywebsite

I have seen people too big for normal cars at that BK, so big they can hardly walk & need a special American sized car to fit in. McDonalds & KFC drive throughs tend to be much tighter than that one, so maybe they're self limiting when you get to morbidly obese.

It sounds like the car is a bigger problem than the fast food outlets, they should build cars with seats that weigh the occupants, and if they are too heavy the car won't start. :)

They introduced some sweet-free tills some time ago:

Big stores banish check-out sweets

Thursday 26 January 1995

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/big-stores-banish-checkout-sweets-1569757.html

and in the news again in January:

Lidl bans sweets at the checkout

Discount supermarket replaces confectionery with dried and fresh fruit, oatcakes and juices

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/jan/13/lidl-bans-sweets-at-checkout

I've snipped away the rest of your post because it seems you're just arguing for the sake of it and its based around your own opinion. So you do 40-50 hours a week. Not everyone does, so your argument about not having time is only meaningful to your situation.

Children don't work 50 hour weeks and their obesity is rising at an alarming rate.

I've worked for many companies over the years and mainly for myself.

When I worked for HSBC as an underwriter, I'd say 60/70% of the staff worked at least 50 hrs a week. Only contracted to work 37, but they did a lot if overtime.

When I started working for myself around 2007 and I was working at least 70 hours a week, sometimes more. But it was worth it. I barely work 40 hours a month now!

Regarding childhood obesity. I can't remember where I read it but I'll post a link when I can, but children are just as active today as they were 50 years ago. So its got nothing to do with exercise, it's diet that's making them fat.

I am going to sound harsh now. To me, this is simple. If you can afford to work 40 hours to 50 hours per week, then your child is not being looked after properly. Simple. He or she probably look after themselves, like way too early in their own childhood development. A child is also not likely to learn about food, and his own health, and is not also likely to reject these crazy hours of working when he grows old, when he is not TAUGHT how to. The fact that people are working overtime is both illegal, unnecessary, and also possibly unnatural. Both to the management of the companies that they work for, as well as the companies that they work for. Do people report this ? Possibly no. I have also seen similar things happen in various workplaces too. But you know what, one burns out. Work is always going to be there. What are we working for and fighting for ? Possibly for the wrong reasons. We work for two people, but those two people's salaries can mean work distribution and hire for an extra person.

Children may be neglected more than ever and I do not doubt that in the far future, they shall also have some form of relationship problems too as their childhood starts to begin to show them what is "natural" from a young age.

And no report or online article will ever bring you back the deep emotional connection that one has with their own child. Time goes by quickly, and what you do is mimic'ed by your children. It is not rocket science, and no adult should have that excuse of "I did not know". But you should be more wise and say "I chose this brand over the other because it is more healthy and nutritious".

Also no point in nitpicking on this or that of supermarket strategies when in reality one needs to know what is good food ! I hear people complain, but I do not hear people asks questions about what they eat, and they do not learn. People watch and learn from TV, but who actually go and learn and realise " what is real food " ?

I was hoping for some low fat, healthy takeaway ideas and it hasn't happened which is a shame. I want van food. Food that can survive 12-24 hours in a van that I can eat whilst travelling. Not sarnies (although would welcome ideas that don't result in soggy sarnies) and not bloody ginsters. In a strange town in a rush at odd times of the day or night M'Ds is a welcome sight when your hungry, and they're (mostly) hot. But if there are other options worth considering Id still be open to suggestions. Obviously if berating fat people is still the order of the day I'll leave it......

I am not aware of any but if there are, where are they please ?

forget McDonalds...KFC.....Burger King.....Pizza Hut etc

These are the places most children like to go and where most of their unhealthy eating habits start IMO

give us a healthy option where we can take kids to get healthy fast food, it doesn't have to be bland and boring I'm sure

we are being told to eat this, eat that, don't eat this blah blah blah...have your 7 portions etc

I am sure there would be a market for it

what are your thoughts, would you use them or is it just a silly idea that's seems un-realistic in this world we are living in

Fast food outlets made us fat, can they reverse the tide and make us thin :)

I think it's an excellent idea, and I've often thought business people are missing an opportunity. There's a real gap in the market.

Yes, maybe there are a few healthier options in some fast food outlets, but is it realistic to expect people to resist temptation when it's right in front of them, and instead chose an overpriced lettuce leaf?

Whereas an outlet full of delicious (looking and tasting) healthy food would be great.

Personally, I tend to eat in vegetarian places which do this sort of thing, but they are quite hard to find.