Sheffield Train station to have new layout

New lay out now in Operation and Enforcement in place yet in 1 or 2 mins about 10 Cars Still Drove through the Big Red No Entry Sign.....

and this is probably the bigger problem with cars at the station. Regardless of the road layout or parking facilities provided, people insist on ignoring it all and driving as close to the platform as they can physically get their car!

and this is probably the bigger problem with cars at the station. Regardless of the road layout or parking facilities provided, people insist on ignoring it all and driving as close to the platform as they can physically get their car!

Thats always been the case tho, it's the same at many stations.

Drivers are often just dropping off/picking someone up, they want to pull up to the front of the station, boot them out the car and drive off again.

Network Rail don't issue the taxi permits IIRC thats East Midland Trains. If it was us I'd push for a dozen maximum :) at least then we could get in and out of work.

Network Rail don't issue the taxi permits IIRC thats East Midland Trains. If it was us I'd push for a dozen maximum :) at least then we could get in and out of work.

Get UBER in Sheffield lol. Stir things up a but. Ironic thing is I had never heard of UBER until the strike thing about them lol

Me either, it's got an enormous amount of free publicity from the media and now so many more people know about it.

The company was recently valued at several billion dollars :o

Tried to get to station car pàrk tonight but access road from south jammed with taxis, 3 abreast. OH assumed (!) I'd forgotten to collect her and texted to say she'd taken a taxi, which I didn't pick up until parked. Sometimes you should laugh, but while trying to get to car park I noticed several vehicles dropping passengers and luggage blocks away from the station. It's not an impressive situation for anyone new to the city.

Tried to get to station car pàrk tonight but access road from south jammed with taxis, 3 abreast. OH assumed (!) I'd forgotten to collect her and texted to say she'd taken a taxi, which I didn't pick up until parked. Sometimes you should laugh, but while trying to get to car park I noticed several vehicles dropping passengers and luggage blocks away from the station. It's not an impressive situation for anyone new to the city.

Many train stations at large international cities are not approachable with a private car, only taxi cycle walk or public transport.

Sheffield is not a large international city but it often thinks and behaves as if it is one.

Many train stations at large international cities are not approachable with a private car, only taxi cycle walk or public transport.

Sheffield is not a large international city but it often thinks and behaves as if it is one.

I'm sure you have lots of examples in the UK.

For example, Birmingham New Street. Oh, wait... No, you can drive right up to the door.

How about Kings Cross in London... No, you can drive straight past on several different roads (one of which has a drop off area).

Manchester Picadilly? Not sure to be honest.

Leeds, yep, drive right past the door.

Perhaps you were thinking of international stations outside the UK. Gard De Nord maybe... Oh wait, you can drop off just outside.

Surely New York Grand Central... Roads on every side.

Tokyo... Well organised drop off and pick up zone.

You must have been thinking of somewhere though?

For example, Birmingham New Street. Oh, wait... No, you can drive right up to the door.

Since they have done it out even the passengers struggle to find the door :rant:

The ridiculous thing is they have this huge empty, unused area right in front of the car park, maybe they should buy it and then sort out some sensible entry/exit routes and pickup points.

I agree far too many Black cabs sat there doing nothing :rant:

It's a nightmare down there, mainly due to the masses of black cabs. I tried picking someone up on a Friday evening and ran into a wall of cabs, from the entrance (behind the funeral directors) right past the Q Park.

I think they need to concentrate on the cabs that are just sat around doing nothing. That's where the problem lies, in my opinion.

If the council did something about the amount of taxis in the area, then that would help with some of the problem.

I've seen taxi's (just not at the train station) where the sign clearly states space for 3 or 4 taxis, yet you find 8 or 9 parked up.