Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Well if it is private land does the parking ticket stand up to the law?

We can deal with this for you if you would like us to .

Visit our website for info about our service. We are the UK's only appeal handling service and we were in the daily mail today

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2709056/Parking-cowboys-hit-cancer-victims-Now-scandal-disgraceful-fines-spreads-NHS-hospitals.html

---------- Post added 29-07-2014 at 22:11 ----------

who issued the parking ticket?

Who ever it was we can beat:)

Edited by kirkbylad

Thats slightly worrying that the DVLA are in effect subsidising the parking cowboys by 1 million pounds a year.

The spokesman said that while the DVLA earned £6.7million from private parking companies in the past year, the cost of providing the data was £7.6million

As anyone recently received a parking ticket when parked on Sheffield University grounds across from Sheffield Children's Hospital. Should I pay it?

YES, pcn would have been issued by the landowners employee not by a "cowboy" parking company. All University car parks are on land owned by the University and are patroled by University employees who issue pcns for transgression of the rules and regulations. These regulations are clearly displayed on all car parks.

I`d like to bet that University of Sheffield won`t roll over and cave in like parking companies do. They have gone to town to make sure their systems and processes are all correct and not open to misrepresentation:thumbsup:

I`d like to bet that University of Sheffield won`t roll over and cave in like parking companies do. They have gone to town to make sure their systems and processes are all correct and not open to misrepresentation:thumbsup:

I know a few members (Students and Staff) of SU that have told the "Management" where to stick their PCNs and been completely successful.

I know a few members (Students and Staff) of SU that have told the "Management" where to stick their PCNs and been completely successful.

do you know of any joe blogs that have done it, i think there is a difference.