Tom Jones to play Chesterfield. Why not Sheffield Stadium.

Following on from the success of Elton John playing a concert at Chesterfield FC, multi-million selling artist Tom Jones is coming to the Proact Stadium for one night only on Saturday, June 7, 2014.

Just think. If we had had decent management at the Don Valley Stadium these acts could have been booked to play there.

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/article/20140108-tom-jones-1280538.aspx#zJoIDdsXxyt0uMOO.99.

Sheffield also has other venues such as the City Hall and the Arena.

I think part of the attraction is the the Proact is a new venue and the likes of Elton John might not have played in Chesterfield before. Plus, in a small town like Chesterfield it's a bigger deal when a big name act such as Elton John plays there.

Edited by Stoatwobbler

Following on from the success of Elton John playing a concert at Chesterfield FC, multi-million selling artist Tom Jones is coming to the Proact Stadium for one night only on Saturday, June 7, 2014.

Just think. If we had had decent management at the Don Valley Stadium these acts could have been booked to play there.

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/article/20140108-tom-jones-1280538.aspx#zJoIDdsXxyt0uMOO.99.

I believe that with established acts like Elton John usually the venues bid for the acts to come to them. Also to be honest I fail to see Elton John or Tom Jones selling out a 50 thousand arena nowadays.

I believe that with established acts like Elton John usually the venues bid for the acts to come to them. Also to be honest I fail to see Elton John or Tom Jones selling out a 50 thousand arena nowadays.

You reckon? I'm sure he'd fill a few venues that size, certainly as he isn't doing a lot of uk dates. That said, looking at the tour schedule there are a few odd places he's going to.