Unfunny Comedians

BEDROCK

...But the one comedian who is really terrible is Andy Parsons.

I've noticed though, that sometimes on Mock the Week, the audience start laughing before he's even reached the microphone and said anything (perhaps he gurns, off-camera). He used to write for Spitting Image, so maybe he's a better writer than performer.

Lenny Henry - How has he got away with it all these years

Russell Brand - Dreadful and his current 'man of the people' charade is totally repulsive

Richard Blackwood - Surely trading standards should have been involved!

Frankie Boyle - Forced contoversy

Keith Lemon - Leigh Francis's least funny character is his most successful :loopy:.........also itv cannot grasp that Lemon only works to a degree when he has free reign to be vulgar and swear and put him on prime time tv.

Please post a link to a so called funny Jo Brand clip :hihi:

As people have already said, humour is subjective. Jo Brand is one of the actors in, and writers of the series 'Getting On'. Three series so far, hoping for number four. Very subtle humour, but pretty true to life.

I also like Billy Connelly, as a live raconteur he's hard to beat. Of course it helps if, like me, you're Scottish! I've seen him live on several occasions, he brought the house down in Sheffield some years ago.

I think Frankie Boyle and Russell Brand are pretty awful. Of comics past I think Charlie Williams was my most unfavourite. Of today's lot, I like Kevin Bridges.

---------- Post added 17-01-2014 at 08:32 ----------

The most cringeworthy of all unfunny, so-called comedians has to be Ken Dodd.

He's never appealed to me either, but he packs them in everywhere he plays.

Which comedians past and present, dead or alive, foreign or domestic just simply are not funny at all ???

Here are mine, they could not make kids laugh on helium...

Jo Brand

Harry Hill

Ben Elton

Ben Stiller

Will Ferrell

Lee Evans

Steve Carell

Lenny Henry

Miranda Hart

Leigh Francis

David Baddiel

Adam Sandler

Tommy Cannon

I used to watch Mock the week regularly but always switched it over when either of those two unfunny black women were on. Gina something was one of them i think. Anyway they are so unfunny and they very often seem to resort to putting on stupid African voices and telling crap jokes in said voices to get a few laughs and a few is all they get. Soooooooo unfunny.

As for a good comedian. The big Yin is one of my faves closely followed by Reg D Hunter and then maybe Jo Brand.