SCS at reatil Park Crystal Peaks

It must be just this branch.

na nottinghamshire one

Go to Harvey's instead :clap:

They're all much of a muchness though ain't they.

I've just ordered a sofa and chair from DFS.

Very nice salesman even brought me coffee and biscuits whilst I chose the suite.

Price agreed, 5 year leather warranty agreed (extra charge).

£200 deposit paid.

Not until I got home and checked the receipt did I notice the £49 delivery charge added to the bill.

My fault I suppose...but at no time did he mention the charge when completing the sale.

Looked on line...and it clearly says a delivery charge applies.

I'm not saying it would have lost him the sale....but he was dishonest in not pointing the charge out to me!

Edited by Allen

I went in when I was decorating my daughter's room, willing to spend a bit on a decent carpet for her. The staff completely ignored my and carried on gossiping amongst themselves. And yes, it was gossip, and they weren't being quiet about it. Extremely unprofessional. I walked out and got what I wanted from a small, independent place.

I had something very similar. I had been saving up for a long time to buy new carpets throughout the house and a few bits of furniture if I got a decent price on the carpets.

I was on a day off work and definitely dressed down but I heard them betting if I would buy anything, it was disgraceful. Eventually a female sales assistant came up to me and almost ridiculed me for asking about carpets for the entire house and made it clear she thought I could not afford them. They also asked for a non-refundable deposit of £50 for measuring my house for carpets; I refused to pay that. I went on their website, emailed the company, and was told there is no charge for a deposit for carpets measuring.

Edited by Penny Quirk
spelling mistake

Horrible place.

I went in once (looking very casual/scruffy lol )

I was looked at with distaste and when I said I would like to order a sofa and pay cash for it (a two and a three piece suite) she almost laughed as if I could not afford it, she tried to get me to go on a three year credit thing and pay half the balance up front, when I refused he basically sneered at me and said "thought so"

I got up and walked out and have never returned.

went to harveys where they were not much better and left empty handed there too.

It taught me two valuable lessons.

Number 1. NEVER judge someone on appearance alone

Number 2. SOMEONE is always judging you on appearance alone.

Quite sad really if we are all forced into "dressing up" in society just to be treat with a little respect and dignity.

I often go for the sloppy joe look of Jeans and a sweater.....just because I do not have time in my day to be donning a suit all the time.

It does not mean I am less of a person than the man/woman looking fancy and it certainly does not mean I have less money than them.

i find you get a great impression of a company if you go very casually dressed and see how they treat you

Grrrr I'd not be able to stop myself saying something to the assistants if I were treated in this way, anyone walking in is a potential customer and they should go into customer service mode straight away, or maybe the best thing is to go in all dolled up to the nines and when they fall over themselves to serve you just reply isn't there anyone available to serve me who isn't wearing primarni and looks like they need a wash, taste of their own medicine lol

Watch tonights Fake Britain. SCS have been selling illigal furniture. They are fire hazzards as the foam hasn't been treated and is flammable. Also Homebase, Argos and a few others have been named aswell. Just a warning

A bag of **** of a shop. Spent just under £2000 there on a sofa 3yrs ago. It's the worst thing I have ever bought so many faults and many complaints got me nowhere.. (Drake house) branch.

We found the exact opposite to that. The staff at Parkgate were really pushy and wouldn't leave us alone to browse and at Drakehouse they offered us tea or coffee and left us to it.

Just looking in the window at Parkgate gets them ready to pounce on you!

My experience of SCS is that they staff are indeed very pushy. At DFS you can wander around at your leisure without being bothered, at least in the Rotherham store, not sure about Sheffield.