Speed Dating at Yates, City Centre

no lovi, i find when you get to a certain age, its harder to meet folk

At 33 I have given up already :(

i aint givin up babes, im gunna try diffrent stuff this year

Please don't use text speak. It's against forum rules as many of our members need to use text to voice software that cannot make sense of it.

when is the speed dating? might be worth turning up early and having a look round before you get your ticket out and admit why you're there. or do you have to have a ticket to get through the door?. I've never heard of it before but it sounds like it could be fun if nothing else

I've been, its worth going for a laugh. Just drink a few beers first, and don't take yourself too seriously.

What tends to happen is that there is one really fit guy, and all the girls lust after this one person, and all the rest of the males get left out. The best tactic is to say you like every girl, and there is a very small change one girl will like you back, and you've got a date! :love:

One problem with that, if I say I like them all & some are just shockingly nasty & its one of those that likes me back I'm screwed lol

My friend met her husband speed dating. True story!

She sounds like a fast worker.:hihi::hihi:

Is this like a dating version of musical chairs?

Yeah, but I presume the women sit at tables & the bloke's move round until they have done a full circle or something. Bit sexist really, I think the blokes should sit..

So if you don't go, how do you meet other singles in Sheffield area? What are the best ways to meet people? Any ideas? Tried anything that was particularly successful or disastrous?