Toby Foster Sacked? Returning 27/1!

Has this been confirmed?

I thought Seth was more freelance anyway?

He usually commentates for a number football games on the Football League show and is on Radio 5 these days.

Well as Toby is self employed he can't be sacked as he wasn't employed by the BBC his company had a contract which wasn't renewed by the sound of it.

Small but salient difference

Well as Toby is self employed he can't be sacked as he wasn't employed by the BBC his company had a contract which wasn't renewed by the sound of it.

Small but salient difference

There we go then.

Can't believe even Radio Sheffield could be stupid enough to sack their best presenter.

Loads of laugh out loud moments every morning.

Last week when he had Kat Cowan "playing" the cornet I had to stop the car I was laughing so much.

In interviews he's extremely quick witted and asks the questions I'd like to ask, and won't accept flannel for answers.

If he's gone at least I can listen to Today on radio 4 without having to keep switching over to radio Sheffield.

They won't have sacked him over a pint.

basically RS Manager asked him out for a pint to disuse not renewing his contract and he told them where to stick it verbally and on twitter:D

hence now getting sack for comments put on twitter

from sheff star

http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/out-about/bbc-radio-sheffield-star-toby-foster-suspended-1-6315931

Edited by flynnroy

Toby has such a good sense of humour that Im sure another radio station will soon hire him. That will be Radio Sheffields loss !

Toby has such a good sense of humour that Im sure another radio station will soon hire him. That will be Radio Sheffields loss !

totally agree :)

I love Toby Fosters Saturday lunch time show it is the best thing on Radio Sheffield.

His morning show drives me daft as I have no interest in what his kids dog, wife or rabbit are up to and this along with that daft lass who screamed with laughter every time he told a non joke made the show a switch off.

You took the words out of my mouth.

Got far to self-important and thought he was untouchable.

I guess Rony thinks that he's untouchable too, but as mentioned earlier it usually happens sooner or later.

Toby won't be bothered about the loss of cash, but the loss of publicity he gets by being a regular voice on RS... If he doesn't find somewhere soon he'll star to fade a little, and take a back seat running his comedy club.

Just heard on Twitter That Bedders has got the old Toby job! :o

Yes got the call today, turned it down on the premise that my pay was part of the BBC cuts and they wouldn't refund the difference.

And that they refused my requests to play happy hardcore in the over 50's slot :hihi: