Lee Rigby's killers trial

Some prisoners, including murders even get day release so that they can abscond. How nice of use to allow them out for the day, its so nice living in such a civilized society. :)

However there's absolutely no indication that these two will ever be allowed out on day release because that liberty is only granted to murderers nearing the end of their incarceration, and we know one of these will never be coming out of prison, and we have at least 45 years before worrying about the other.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 09:29 ----------

Nor will the people paying the bill.

Well I'm one of them and I'm laughing.

What do you think, Should a killer dog be put down? If so, should that same rule apply to humans? If not, why not?

If you're not aware of the differences between humans and animals then there's no hope for you but I'll have a go. Humans are capable of a far higher standard of civilisation and behaviour than animals. The people at the top end of the evolutionary chain hold back from behaving like the bottom end in order to establish that principles of humanity apply to all, even to those who reject such morality.

I'll give you and example. Some people would want paedophiles and their apologists strung up. These apologists may want others strung up and are oblivious to the contradiction of their attitudes. These people are at the lower end of human evolution and need to have their base instincts explained to them. Understand now?

However there's absolutely no indication that these two will ever be allowed out on day release because that liberty is only granted to murderers nearing the end of their incarceration, and we know one of these will never be coming out of prison, and we have at least 45 years before worrying about the other.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 09:29 ----------

Well I'm one of them and I'm laughing.

This murderer killed his third victim whilst on day release, he got ten years for manslaughter in 1984 and was let out, he then murdered someone and got 40 years in 1992 and was let out on day release, so he killed someone else last July. Note how his last two victims were killed whilst he should have been locked up.

If we lived in less civilized society and we had treated him like a dog, two people that are dead today would still be alive.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 09:41 ----------

If you're not aware of the differences between humans and animals then there's no hope for you but I'll have a go. Humans are capable of a far higher standard of civilisation and behaviour than animals. The people at the top end of the evolutionary chain hold back from behaving like the bottom end in order to establish that principles of humanity apply to all, even to those who reject such morality.

I'll give you and example. Some people would want paedophiles and their apologists strung up. These apologists may want others strung up and are oblivious to the contradiction of their attitudes. These people are at the lower end of human evolution and need to have their base instincts explained to them. Understand now?

Humans are just one of the many species of animal that live on this planet, if you are unaware of that then there is no hope for you.

By your standards, because some humans are smarter than some other humans, the smarter humans should be allowed to treat the less smart humans like a different species.

You appear to be obsessed with pedophilia, are you hiding a dark secret by nay chance?

Edited by ivanava

This murderer killed his third victim whilst on day release, he got ten years for manslaughter in 1984 and was let out, he then murdered someone and got 40 years in 1992 and was let out on day release, so he killed someone else last July. Note how his last two victims were killed whilst he should have been locked up.

I don't get your point, Im not denying (some) murderers are allowed out on day release, but if it does happen it's near the end of their period of incarceration to acclimatise them to life outside.

One of Lee Rigby's killers is on a whole life tariff (so will never be released), whilst the other has at least 45 years before being eligible for parole.

Locking them up is the only option, long term is the only option.

They may never get out, either of them with the sentences they were given, although I would not but money on it.

You can never say what will happen in the future, just look at all the people that were released in Ireland after the peace talks, maybe in the future we may have to cow tail to some Islamic country like Saudi Arabia and let them out ???

They may never get out, either of them with the sentences they were given, although I would not but money on it.

You can never say what will happen in the future, just look at all the people that were released in Ireland after the peace talks, maybe in the future we may have to cow tail to some Islamic country like Saudi Arabia and let them out ???

The bonus in the Good Friday agreement in releasing IRA prisoners is that there's hardly been any Irish terrorism on the mainland since, if an Islamic organisation came to the UK government and promised a similar deal don't you think politicians would be mad not to consider it (assuming it could be ratified)?

I'm not getting into all that malarki :D

I'm just thinking outside of the box and saying that they are locked up for good, and should never get out from the sentence's given, but you can't say it would never happen as there's instances where we have had to bite the bullet and let people out that we thought would be in for a long time.

I don't get your point, Im not denying (some) murderers are allowed out on day release, but if it does happen it's near the end of their period of incarceration to acclimatise them to life outside.

One of Lee Rigby's killers is on a whole life tariff (so will never be released), whilst the other has at least 45 years before being eligible for parole.

My point is it wasn't near the end of his sentence and because we are really nice and civilized in this country we allowed him out to kill two more people.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 13:07 ----------

Or we might have an Islamic government in thirty years and they might let them out.

Or we might have an Islamic government in thirty years and they might let them out.

Like I said you never know.

I'm not getting into all that malarki :D
You started it! :P

I'm just thinking outside of the box and saying that they are locked up for good, and should never get out from the sentence's given, but you can't say it would never happen as there's instances where we have had to bite the bullet and let people out that we thought would be in for a long time.

Yes, but if that ever did happen, we wouldn't be releasing them for no reason, there'd have to be something in it for us.

Like I said you never know.

Dogs may also pass the human evolutionary scale, pick up a machete and start hacking humans to bits..."you never know".

My point is it wasn't near the end of his sentence and because we are really nice and civilized in this country we allowed him out to kill two more people.

Well he'd served 21 years for the 1992 murder, so presumably he must have been considered for parole.