Accident Outside Argos

My OH has just phoned saying there has been an accident in town. Lady got run over by the bus near Argos>

Hope shes ok but news from a bus driver doesn't sound great.

Anyone heard anything?

Nothing other than Angel Street was closed off at about 5:40 with ambulance and police in attendance.

Yes my boyfriend is stuggling to get home. He says the 52 to Woodhouse has knocked down an old lady who has apparently passed away :( Angel Street and surrounding area is completely closed. Police are currently taking photos of the bus etc.

I do hope that she hasn't passed away and that it was just hearsay.

I feel sorry for both the poor elderly woman, I hope she is okay and also the bus drive. That part of town has a terrible road system and the way people cross is shocking.

Fatality has sadly been confirmed :(

I feel sorry for both the poor elderly woman, I hope she is okay and also the bus drive. That part of town has a terrible road system and the way people cross is shocking.

I agree. Many times I've seen people cross at that point as though the road doesn't exist.

I agree. Many times I've seen people cross at that point as though the road doesn't exist.

I agree entirely I hope people on here will head this as a warning before we have more unfortunate events like this.

The lady has not been confirmed dead, although she has serious injuries. Thank you for your concern over the bus driver too.

My OH has just phoned saying there has been an accident in town. Lady got run over by the bus near Argos>

Hope shes ok but news from a bus driver doesn't sound great.

Anyone heard anything?

This is terrible, also this area is and accident waiting to happen.

Being a bus driver, it's unbelievable to witness just how many people, when they see a bus coming start to cross the road. I've seen myself on many occasions people standing waiting to cross whilst i'm a the traffic lights, then when the lights go to green, the bus moves, so do the pedestrians, and i can never understand why.

I know the bus driver personally, and he is really shook up. He is one of our more careful drivers, a great person, and is now in a terrible state.

My thoughts are with the injured lady, and i've not heard if it was a fatality or not officially, but if it is, my thoughts are also with her family.

Something needs to be done about that area, i'm not sure what, as putting a pedestrian crossing there would only back up traffic already coming through the lights, and causing massive tail backs on Arundel Gate, but i suppose no matter what they do, people will always try to cross there.

But People, please cross carefully, buses have to accelerate up the slight incline, and it's a very dangerous place to cross, so cross when you see buses waiting at traffic lights, not when they start moving

I thank you

This is terrible, also this area is and accident waiting to happen.

Being a bus driver, it's unbelievable to witness just how many people, when they see a bus coming start to cross the road. I've seen myself on many occasions people standing waiting to cross whilst i'm a the traffic lights, then when the lights go to green, the bus moves, so do the pedestrians, and i can never understand why.

I know the bus driver personally, and he is really shook up. He is one of our more careful drivers, a great person, and is now in a terrible state.

My thoughts are with the injured lady, and i've not heard if it was a fatality or not officially, but if it is, my thoughts are also with her family.

Something needs to be done about that area, i'm not sure what, as putting a pedestrian crossing there would only back up traffic already coming through the lights, and causing massive tail backs on Arundel Gate, but i suppose no matter what they do, people will always try to cross there.

But People, please cross carefully, buses have to accelerate up the slight incline, and it's a very dangerous place to cross, so cross when you see buses waiting at traffic lights, not when they start moving

I thank you

Sage advice vizzbucks.

There's a lot to keep your eye on as a pedestrian at the junction and I guess folks are distracted by having to be over attentive if you see what I mean. Stepping out as you set off is almost like the infectious reaction to yawning.

Sage advice vizzbucks.

There's a lot to keep your eye on as a pedestrian at the junction and I guess folks are distracted by having to be over attentive if you see what I mean. Stepping out as you set off is almost like the infectious reaction to yawning.

Sadly you are right. There have been far too many accidents there, and the only way realistically they can be prevented is to have it as a pedestrian only area, no vehicles, but then buses cannot get around to the markets where a lot of passengers require us