Replacement for Jones available

mac09

Getting a bit boring that one now mate, where have you progressed since promotion, in a word nowhere.

No pete,whats boring is constantly hearing how wealthy united are and how much of a skintflint MM is,ok he isnt spending owt like as much as we had hoped,but i bet its a hell of a lot more than whats being spent at united.

No pete,whats boring is constantly hearing how wealthy united are and how much of a skintflint MM is,ok he isnt spending owt like as much as we had hoped,but i bet its a hell of a lot more than whats being spent at united.

We're wealthy, could have fooled me Gary tomorrow will be interesting, if you lose will his patience snap, who knows. To me Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City their all wealthy, we just have a few bob.

Well we are in the championship,you are in league one.That answers the question for me.:)

JUST LOL.

Yes you are, but for how much longer? MM joined saved the club when in his words the club could not afford paper clips!! he is now taking out loans from mates to pay wages!! is that real progress?

Am sure he had plans for ground development, a leisure centre on Penistone road and a new academy! well the grounds still a dump, there has been no Penistone road development and the academy is still based in a tent.!!

Remembering of course the ground has been morgaged to a usa bank !

The team are battling relegation,with no young players coming through and no funds for transfers!

Where down at the lane , and fully accepting we are "pants" at the momment.we can see progress and have funding available if required.

JUST LOL.

Yes you are, but for how much longer? MM joined saved the club when in his words the club could not afford paper clips!! he is now taking out loans from mates to pay wages!! is that real progress?

Am sure he had plans for ground development, a leisure centre on Penistone road and a new academy! well the grounds still a dump, there has been no Penistone road development and the academy is still based in a tent.!!

Remembering of course the ground has been morgaged to a usa bank !

The team are battling relegation,with no young players coming through and no funds for transfers!

Where down at the lane , and fully accepting we are "pants" at the momment.we can see progress and have funding available if required.

One of the many rumours as to why he borrowed the money.Another one is to fund transfers in january.Seriously what progress do you see,surely you should have been challeging for promotion this season,and you have funds available should you need em,well you need em by all accounts.

Edited by Gazza58

One of the many rumours as to why he borrowed the money.Another one is to fund transfers in january.Seriously what progress do you see,surely you should have been challeging for promotion this season,and you have funds available should you need em,well you need em by all accounts.

I wont use the January card on you :) but from very early on this season, we accepted it was not going to be our season. But we have a manager would can steady the ship and use this season to build a squad of his own.

The manager has a track record of loyalty to clubs, as for the funding, its there FACT, when needed.

A stable manager, new funding, debt free ..thats progress .

Your comment re the OWLS loan being used in January has holes in it, the loan was sealed some time ago, if for January purchases and to fight relegation would 1.5 million be enough ? MM said on radio Sheffield it was to guarantee a loan from Barclays bank ! thats another loan !! whiLe also seeing the club through a difficult time, as he could not free up funding from his USA funds in time !! Radio Sheffield has suggested its to pay running costs.. bills, wages etc. others say its a fund to pay off the manager!

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

I wont use the January card on you :) but from very early on this season, we accepted it was not going to be our season. But we have a manager would can steady the ship and use this season to build a squad of his own.

The manager has a track record of loyalty to clubs, as for the funding, its there FACT, when needed.

Well i appreciate you not using the january card:) But only time will tell if the new funding is a fact.

---------- Post added 29-11-2013 at 15:10 ----------

B

Your comment re the load being used in January has holes in it, the loan was sealed some time ago, if for January purchases and to fight relegation would 1.5 million be enough ? MM said on radio

Like i said ,its one of the many rumours ,another one is a down payment from a future buyer.

But wasn't Weir the messiah who was going to take you up this season?

But wasn't Weir the messiah who was going to take you up this season?

Don't think he was ever hailed as a Messiah Dobby, I'm on record as saying if he got us top 10th I'd have been happy. I'm afraid he was an unknown commodity they either do well in 1st season (Aidy Boothroyd), or bomb aka David Weir.

TBH some may have called him that, but I'll warrant almost EVERY Owl on here thought that Jay Bothroyd was going to get you 30 goals last season, and promotion was nailed on, along with the other 114 signings Dave the plank made.

Edited by Bypassblade