Why do women get "dressed up to the nines" to go and watch boxing ?

If you've got it, flaunt it. If you haven't wear a veil.

My guess is that a lot of them were accompanying the ten-bob millionaire Ronnie and Reggie wannabes that boxing tends to attract. The sort that think being seen at a boxing show enhances the reputation they think that they have. The ones in jeans & T shirts are usually the genuine boxing fans.

My guess is that a lot of them were accompanying the ten-bob millionaire Ronnie and Reggie wannabes that boxing tends to attract. The sort that think being seen at a boxing show enhances the reputation they think that they have. The ones in jeans & T shirts are usually the genuine boxing fans.

That's odd because my guess is those that go to boxing and horse racing etc wearing decent clothes do so because they can. Those who go dressed in jog pants and tatty T shirts do so because they have to.

To be frank I don`t really understand why women go to boxing at all, why would the fairer sex want to watch two blokes punching each other ?

But I really can`t get my head round what you see down at Ponds Forge when there`s a boxing night on. Whilst nearly all the blokes are dressed in jeans and T shirts most of the women are dressed up in their finest, hair done, make up, micro skirts, stilettos, the lot. I have to say I find the juxtaposition of this and two blokes knocking seven bells out of each other, rather disturbing.

What gives ?

Or when they go into town when England play in the world cup/euros to order cocktails that take forever to make, take up all the seating and dont actually watch any of the football.

Or when they go into town when England play in the world cup/euros to order cocktails that take forever to make, take up all the seating and dont actually watch any of the football.

It is one of the great mysteries in life. Another is why some men go to the pub and sit around all afternoon watching football and wondering why everyone other than them managed to pull.

It is one of the great mysteries in life. Another is why some men go to the pub and sit around all afternoon watching football and wondering why everyone other than them managed to pull.

I dont go meet my mates to watch football & also to pull.

Football is far more important than that.

I am also facinated by the ringside women at boxing I often can not keep my eyes on the actual fight due to watching the lasses looking round at every thing going off but the actual fight in progress .

Mind you I also think that the semi naked bimbo's that parade around in between rounds displaying a board with the round no on does not add any thing whatsoever to what is in fact a traditional male night out.

I am also facinated by the ringside women at boxing I often can not keep my eyes on the actual fight due to watching the lasses looking round at every thing going off but the actual fight in progress .

Mind you I also think that the semi naked bimbo's that parade around in between rounds displaying a board with the round no on does not add any thing whatsoever to what is in fact a traditional male night out.

Id love to see a charity football match of England Men Vs England Women.

I doubt the that women would want it cause the gulf in class will be immense

Its a bit like weshing pots, How is it possible that I never do em reight!

Yes I doubt the women would want to mix with that load of low life.