Post man walking off

Well within his rights, and now you could have to collect mail from the post office.

If you have a problem take it up with your neighbour instead of complaining about the innocent postal worker.

Read my first post again it states I'm not having a go at post man I agree with what he has done just was wondering if he was allowed to do it off his own decesion

He has accessed the situation and decided it is unsafe to continue.

He may be in a lot of pain if he has an injury which may need medical attention.

You also said it is not the first time this sort of situation has occurred so to be honest if it was me I would refuse to deliver any mail until the dog is taken away. He will not be in any trouble for taking this decision and Royal Mail will support him as they have a duty of care to their employees. That is paramount and comes before anything else.

Was the dog running wild on the street or in the owners garden?

Out on the street

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 13:55 ----------

He has accessed the situation and decided it is unsafe to continue.

He may be in a lot of pain if he has an injury which may need medical attention.

You also said it is not the first time this sort of situation has occurred so to be honest if it was me I would refuse to deliver any mail until the dog is taken away. He will not be in any trouble for taking this decision and Royal Mail will support him as they have a duty of care to their employees. That is paramount and comes before anything else.

Luckly he was not hurt just shaken up

Running in the Street, notify the Dog Warden. This Dog could bite a child next.

Running in the Street, notify the Dog Warden. This Dog could bite a child next.

The who? Do we still have those?

Out on the street

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 13:55 ----------

Luckly he was not hurt just shaken up

Glad to hear he was not injured

Glad to hear he was not injured

Likewise..

You don't have to be attacked by a dog to refuse to deliver somewhere. If I see any dog loose when I'm on my delivery I avoid it and don't deliver to as many houses as I need to to do that. Many times I've turned around and missed whole streets because of dogs running loose. I'm not talking about an obedient dog being walked by an owner btw.

RM policy is do not take risks, any dog loose in the street is a risk.

Well within his rights, and now you could have to collect mail from the post office.

If you have a problem take it up with your neighbour instead of complaining about the innocent postal worker.

If you had bothered to read the post then you can see quite clearly the person was not "having a go" as you wrongly suggested.