Banner Cross beer festival.

Blodsy

Went today, looks really good after refurb.. Really good choice of beers,I tried Yardbird would recommend! Same layout as before but looks loads better, 3 TVs in lounge bar with sky sports on, think there was a larger TV in tap room side but only had a quick look! Will definitely go back.

Went today, looks really good after refurb.. Really good choice of beers,I tried Yardbird would recommend! Same layout as before but looks loads better, 3 TVs in lounge bar with sky sports on, think there was a larger TV in tap room side but only had a quick look! Will definitely go back.

Always found it a bit dark and depressing before but they seem to have brightened it up a bit from a quick look earlier will try and take a proper look tomorrow.

Place looks really good after the refurb but still smells very 'new'. Have to be honest in that I think the new landlord / landlady would have been much happier in the place before the refurb. They wouldn't know what good beer was if it smacked them in the face. Which, given that it is still a Greene King 'partners' pub, is not necessarily a problem - as they don't really have any. Certainly nothing you can't get in the Frog and Parrott. And, if you like that sort of thing, heading down Eccy Rd and taking a walk from the Porter Brook to the Lescar will do you more of a service.

Still, I did combine the visit with a trip to the Greystones and had a rather spectacular Cloudwater IPA in there at a reasonable price. I'd recommend you all go drink it but no, don'. It's mine!

Went yesterday.

First of all the positives they have clearly spent a fair bit on it the outside looks good and its much brighter inside.If you like watching football its ideal as there are large tv's in both sides.

We walked in and despite there being nobody waiting was ignored at the bar for a while by the bar person who was busy putting glasses away not a major problem as was served after a quick wait.

Anyway here is my major gripe and why I won't be returning the nature of the pub being a male dominated sports type bar means there are a lot of loud customers who seem to enjoy shouting at each other and the way they have fitted it out with hard wood floors and virtually no soft furnishings makes it a very "loud" type bar where you can hear everyone else's conversations and I just find it not a particularly nice atmoshere.Think they would have been much better with more soft furnishings and maybe a carpet ,we were not the only ones who felt this the couple next to us moved to the other side to get away from a large group of very loud customers who had clearly had a fair bit to drink.May appeal to some but not my cup of tea im affraid.