Memories of Roxy's Nightclub

Originally posted by Mags 23

Appreciate some of you have good memories but doesn't anyone else think the de-funct building should be either knocked down or re-instated as a super-club for Sheffield...especially when all its being used for is some neo- Christian charity parade.

Don't get me wrong, (I'm catholic) but shouldn't such a big building (which is obviously on quite expensive land rights) and one of key location be put to better use???

am I on my own here or what???

They're makin up for all the sins that took place there! lol

Originally posted by tony00001

They're makin up for all the sins that took place there! lol

That would take some serious prayers.

I agree the building should be put to good use.

First ever nightclub I went to in Sheffield: from 1997 on, student nights on a wednesday - free bus there, free entry, free beer (hofmeister in a split plastic mug until 12 - as much as you could drink, or rather how much you could get served with only one barperson on each bar, albeit with the tap permanently on flow!), free bus home.

Bliss. Memories.

Does anyone know who the Roxy building belongs to?

We are looking to move to a venue in Sheffield.

I'm from Liverpool but spent 12 fantastic years in Sheffield.

Roxy's was my favourite club cos thats where i was when a certain young lady approached me, ripped open her dress to reveal a red lacy basque, heaven......

I worked in the Manor, anyone know Mezzy or remember the Pheonix Youth Club?

:heyhey:

hi i remember both mezzy and the pheonix..and if you do too you will remember it was me and mezzy who set it going with the police so they could control us..lol..nice seeing the names in writing though..a few others for you from the pheonix are the crowders, gary smith, dale lyles, kelly lyles, shimmy(now dead), and me of course..rob cave

God old Roxy's, went there in 1998, for a New Years Party, used to go there regularly after venturing from Berlins, classy or what looking back. I always remember the DJ saying grab yourself a lady it's the last dance and he put some right ****e on, only night club in Sheffield at time where you could gaurnetee pulling a bird on the "last dance", and having a chance to get your wicked way, what a nightclub!!!! Only minus point is that you would stick to the floor, it was like chewing gum carpet galore.

I met my fella in Roxy's in 1995.

I was going there in late eighties & early nineties, it was the place to be.

But you dare not look at anybody the wrong way for fear of getting your head kicked in.

THURSDAYS grab a granny

FRIDAYS grab a slag

& SATURDAYS can't remember but I had some fun times there.

Used to go there every Saturday night when it was Steeley and ROxys and a good night it was (in its day that is)

What about the Beer Keller or known as the Hoffenbrau.

i was on the door when it was the top rank 1977-78 had lots of trouble all the time

The Roxy has to be one of the sleaziest clubs I've been too - we used to call it "the meat market". Last went there in late 1997/early 1998. They did a good chip butty in the upstairs bit though :)

oh fab what a thread poxy roxys

shag-a-bag night every night

i even shagged the dj and he were gay