Memories of Roxy's Nightclub

I had some great nights in roxys,thursday was grab a gran and wed was cheap drinks night,I practicaly lived in the place for a couple of years.

I owe that place for most of my love life,what a joint.:D

Aaaaaww so many memories. I had lived a rather sheltered life and then went to work there aged 18. The sights I saw ..... I have never been the same since. :hihi:

Originally posted by 40summat

I worked on the doors during the early 80s. when barry noble died they had a minutes silence for him at midnight on a saturday.

It was all going respectfully enough until someone shouts "is that alright fo ya's" the management went mad and ordered us to find the guy, we never did.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

:thumbsup: Had some Brill nights in Roxy's. Let my mate go home with a 60-odd year old woman, he was 17 at the time and has never spoke to me since. Apparently he woke up at the side of the lady, and nearly bricked himself. Was Grab-a-Granny Thursday nights, been a long time!

My abiding memory of Roxy's was sat on the floor doing the oops-up-side-yo-head dance covered in foam at 2 o'clock in the morning:loopy: Happy days......

:gag: Forgot about that, me and my mate (thursday night again), we.re on sat on the floor doing the "oops" when the young girl behind us lost control of her bladder and wet herself, soaking Chris's trousers. Youv,e never seen so many people move so quickly!

how i loved roxy's sad i know

i used to go on a thursday night (over25's) then brag at school next day how, sad is that .....last went about 97 remember going and jumping round like a nutter to jump around .....oh the awful licra clothes we used to wear . who ever said that was fashion i cringe now when i think how bad i must have looked.....:clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumbsup: It was better than Peppermint Park in Rotherham,

Pop and Crisps Night!

used to go to Cairo Jacks on there pop and crisp nights. that was so cool...........must have been 92/93 anyone ever go

In my teens i used to live in Swallownest, so Rotherham was easier to get to. And i was a legal drinker in 91 so did go to Ciaro Jacks, but on the "Big Boys" nights.

Originally posted by Dannyj

In my teens i used to live in Swallownest, so Rotherham was easier to get to. And i was a legal drinker in 91 so did go to Ciaro Jacks, but on the "Big Boys" nights.

Cairo Jacks was quality :clap: :clap: Okay,okay,it was naff,it was cheesy and it always had a vague smell of vomit-but as lads in our late teens,me and my mates LOVED it:thumbsup: Dont think infact,ive ever enjoyed a nightclub the way we used to enjoy Cairo's...........

I LIVED in Cairos for a while. Fantastic!

Eeeeee....remember wearing a suit to go down town?!!!!!! People made an effort back then!