Memories of Roxy's Nightclub

I used to go when it was the Top Rank club on Saturday mornings and Tuesday nights in the Seventies when I was a teenager then went to Roxy's in the mid eighties when I was in my twenties and met a boyfriend there who is still in my life now..... That place holds good memories for me.

:rolleyes: what u expect ****faced on white lightning and 20/20
Charming :gag:

i read the other day the church has moved out and wondered what is happening to the building. We used to go to teen nite on tuedays and met the future hub there in 1976 xmas.Lots of memories.

I was talking to a friend the other day who used to work at Roxy's. He was talking about a fire that burnt out the "X" in the sign. RO Y's nightclub somehow doesn't sound as exotic.

Always wanted to spray out part of the "R" so it said "POXYS" :hihi:

Listen armrach, I was the DJ... Were you the one in the red dress with the angry fella waiting outside your house while we were steaming it up in the bedroom?

Sadly i was a regular there, but was good laugh at the time, the only nightclub i know where if you drank hideously too much, you could walk it off, and not pass the same place twice.

At 16 it was the first place i went, it was a live SKA night, Bad Manners / Special Beat / Madness, and about 5 more acts. I think i had enough money for about 2 pints.

ash

LOL, memories....everyone used to pile home on the late night busses from Cairo's or Roxy's and plonk themselves in front of 'the hitman & her'

Those late night busses were very......erm....interesting!

Do they still run?

no, but they were a quid a journey! and at that time on a YTS that was a tenth of my weekly income. Robbing C***S!

Yeah, Malcolm Dale was the DJ there and turned out some awesome tunes. Anyone know what happened to him?