Help! Burglar alarm won't stop!

If its a woman i apologise / If its a man hes been told how to do it. Its a 5 min job ./Should say area its in if he cant sort it most sparkies could sort it and plenty good lads on here especially to help a lady in dsitress .

And now you're being sexist!!!

If its a woman i apologise / If its a man hes been told how to do it. Its a 5 min job ./Should say area its in if he cant sort it most sparkies could sort it and plenty good lads on here especially to help a lady in dsitress .

They might not have a ladder. In which case it isn't a five minute job.

They might not have a ladder. In which case it isn't a five minute job.

Less than that if you're a Spider!

And now you're being sexist!!![/QUOT

Give a woman a screwdriver near a fuse board or electrics . What you on. :huh:

She might stick it somewhere that you might not like.

Maybe turn you into a bright spark!

Most common cause of this is faulty battery, I got a replacement for mine fom South Yorkshire Battery Services near United ground it cost me £13.

Is it connected to the police station, some are,

better still get it disconected then be sure of a good night sleep tonght.

for a temp solution take front off the facia box and take the fuse out this will stop the alarm test the battery it may need replacing like mine did

for a temp solution take front off the facia box and take the fuse out this will stop the alarm test the battery it may need replacing like mine did

No it wont there is a battery in the bell box out side. :hihi:

Still no luck. It's been sounding off for hours now. Landlady uncommunicative.

Offending lightbulbs removed. Cannot for the life of me find where the upstairs lighting fuse is/was, but it's certainly not in the main box (which we've reset several times.)

Located the main burglar alarm box in the loft. Have removed the front panel but don't know what to do next. Can I disconnect the battery? Do I need to turn power off at the mains first? Will disconnecting the battery even stop the alarm?

Land lady uncommunicative? Tell when the rent is due that the money is in an envelope in the burglar alarm box so she might want ladders. If I was a neighbour of yours I'd be pretty unimpressed (not with you, with land lady)

If Pilon is in Carterknowle then it hasn't stopped yet, there's been one going off here since yesterday!!! :o