Bus 76 from Lowedges unreliable?

hi our sponsors of the lowedges festival stagecoach this sun aug 11th 12noon to 5pm are on hand to talk to you all about routes,times and are also doing a survey of your thoughts

of there services,so don't moan come and have a chat with them,pick up some free goodies,this sunday greenhill park free entry and if you don't like what they say take it out on the free dodgems or clamber up the free c/wall,also the pcc shaun wright is next

to the stagecoach bus company and you can tell him of anything crime wise,then you can enjoy a great day out with most things free or subsidised thanks

I remember when the no.76 used to leave the terminus (outside Grennel Mower) at Lowedges 4 minutes past, 24 minutes past and 44 minutes past the hour. Always on time. Numbers 42 & 53 other side of the shops always on time. Then there was the number 75 on Greenhill Parkway that had come up from Bradway. All punctual and all buses were busy. Where did it go wrong?

more cars on the road = more congestion = more delays.

Its amazing how the timekeeping improves during the school summer holidays...

also interesting observation in the era you refer Greenhill got a 76 every 20 minutes. Now there is a 76 every 10 mins and an 87 every 10 mins - with 12 buses an hour compared to 3, the service has never been so good in that respect!

---------- Post added 06-08-2013 at 01:01 ----------

how about the bus's run to whats on the timetable??

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

fair comment but its still so much easier to have a ticket that lets you get on the first bus that turns up rather than waiting for the bus company you have committed to in order to save a few quid.

I complained about First constantly making me late to work by not putting on their hourly buses on Sunday morning.

I was offered a free day saver which I didn't accept cause it just makes me late for free rather paying to be late, didn't solve the problem.

I mean private bus firms really need some kind of regulation because the management at First are really taking the p***, and SYPTE are just as useless.

Why?have First switched the Bus times because of the 6 week Holidays,as people still want to go an get home from Work,as the Kids do not work but the Parents do,the 75 an 76 was a good service at day time,but Mornings an Nights they is no trust in the Service,as the Bus Drivers just sit a Firth Park reading papers when people want to get to work,an now no 75 about at 10.00p.m from Ecclesfield to Town just because of the adjusting time tables,why?can"t we have a Petition in Sheffield to Remove First as the are getting Worse than Better Now

don't forget you can talk to the stagecoach bus company this sun 11th aug 12noon to 5pm

at the lowedges festival greenhill park you cannot miss there big bus and they will give out freebies for all and listen to any questions you may have and its free entry

thought sypte were supposed to stop this, or are they chocolate teapots?

The should poach someone called Darren Deadman, who is responsible for sorting out public transport at Peterborough City Council. If one of his spare time activities (which has much been commented on elsewhere though probably not too favourably) is anything to go by I don't think he is one to mess with. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by CheekyBandit

I catch the 76 from firshill I agree the service is not good always late

have you tried using live track? at least youl know when its actually going to be there? I rely on it, and have all the local stops bookmarked on my phone (go to travel south yorkshire for more info). I dont go for the buses not tracking.