Huge plume of smoke!

Went to do my drop-off/pick-up this morning, that was ok. Effingham St was still closed off, as was Lumley St and Worthing Rd. It seems another business was involved as it was caught between the skip yard and the plastics recycling depot. So the small independent warehouse City Wholesale was totally burnt down, I've heard. Does anyone know the facts of this?

Went to do my drop-off/pick-up this morning, that was ok. Effingham St was still closed off, as was Lumley St and Worthing Rd. It seems another business was involved as it was caught between the skip yard and the plastics recycling depot. So the small independent warehouse City Wholesale was totally burnt down, I've heard. Does anyone know the facts of this?

This is correct totally wiped out.

---------- Post added 16-07-2013 at 19:38 ----------

Always the same the cause gets away lightly and others suffer.

This is correct totally wiped out. Always the same the cause gets away lightly and others suffer.
Sad that, believe the owner had devoted years to building her business up. Must be devastated by it all.

In other news bet P&D Wholesale been busy this week.

Our blue bin collection didn't happen today, cancelled due to the fire as we found out when we phoned them. We were told to leave the bin out as it would be collected sometime, but they didn't say when.

So I have no idea how long a wait to expect.

Our blue bin was emptied this morning.

Jeeeeez.....

Businesses have burnt to the ground. People possibly loosing jobs......

And the most important thing is someone's blue bin hasn't been emptied?:loopy:

Haven't you worked it out yet? Most people in Sheffield are only interested in the things that directly affect them. If it means someone not wiping their backsides for them then they'll moan to high heaven how hard done to they are. :hihi:

Posted By ChrisT70

Re: Huge plume of smoke!

just seen the footage, on look north. interesting to see the roof of the building popping and exploding with the heat, looked almost certainly to be the old type corrugated asbestos sheeting that was breaking up :-(

Still not seen any clarification of this which is concerning. I agree the the video does show the roof looking like it's made of asbestos.

Business's lost, people lost jobs and services risked life. Then all the bull on here about bins and what you think happend. Sheffield what a place. Only people interested in the bins are those who work there(chance of a few days of)