Poppy field at Plumbley

We've been looking for a good field of poppies to photograph, and on the Look North weather tonight there was a picture of a field of poppies at Plumbley (down by Mosborough). Can't remember who had taken it but it looked quite a good one - can anybody tell me where it is in Plumbley or give us a Google map reference? Or point us towards any other good poppy fields?

Its at Mosborough...

Drive up Queens street (next to the Queens pub at the cross roads) and keep going util you reach the top of the road which is called Plumbley Hall Road.

You will arrive at a small car park off a roundabout where you will see a childrens park.

Follow the footpath up the hill and you will see the poppy fields!

I have the pleasure of seeing this daily on my dog walk.

Most of the fields you are referring to that are covered in yellow rapeseed and red poppies are located in the fields behind the Wheel pub at Mosbororough . If you go as far up plumbly hall rd as the previous poster put its mainly the bridle style playing fields. Park near the Wheel pub and walk through the genal in the direction of Eckington woods and all the fields are covered in these flowers. It's an amazing sight.

I've seen a couple of really good poppy fields that you could try. I've seen the one at Plumbley and it looks as though there is a good amount of poppies coming out on there as I see it when I drive down from the Butcher's Arms pub coming down the hill into Ridgeway. I'm hoping to pop there at the weekend and have a butcher's!! ha ha!

There is also an absolutely beautiful bright red field at Barlow. I've worked out what road it is on, its on Barlow Lees Lane and there are 2 poppy fields together but one is more bright red than the other. I took a few shots on my zoom yesterday and they look nice but it would be nice to actually drive up to the fields for a close up shot, so I plan to do that sometime this week!

I've also seen one in Apperknowle/Unstone area too that is coming along nicely! I took some amazing shots in a poppy field in Apperknowle last year and have just won a photo competition with one of them!

Hope this helps! :)

Many thanks to babycatcher for info on how to find the Plumbley poppies. I drove down from Huddersfield especially to go there today, had a great afternoon and took some photos I've put on my website at Yorkiepix dot com in the Blooming Yorkshire gallery in the Yorkshire page. (Can't paste the link as I'm a newbie - and a West Yorkshire Tyke at that...)

Thanks to everyone for their useful info.