I want to go on holiday but

I have a dog.

I cant leave him alone for a week, i have no one really who can look after him as he needs to stay in and around my house.i wont kennel him as i dont want to stress him out.

So what can i do? Is there a house sitting service or a dog sitting and walking service i can pay for?

if you look in most post office windows there are advertisements offering dog sitting services. there is definitely one advertised in the post office on abbeydale road south.

Yeah. We had a guy. I think his name was Martin. Someone on here will probably know of him. He came and fed, watered, walked and checked on our dog twice during the day. He was very good. I'll chat with the other half later and see if I can find a number. I'm sure you'll get sorted. Be prepared though, your pooch might ignore you when you come home - a pooch scorned....and all that! Ours did!

your pooch might ignore you when you come home - a pooch scorned....and all that! Ours did!

my cat did that when I got back off holiday. it took her about half a day to grudgingly come to me but then i think it was because she wanted feeding :D

what dog is it? is it dog friendly?

Yeah. We had a guy. I think his name was Martin. Someone on here will probably know of him. He came and fed, watered, walked and checked on our dog twice during the day. He was very good. I'll chat with the other half later and see if I can find a number. I'm sure you'll get sorted. Be prepared though, your pooch might ignore you when you come home - a pooch scorned....and all that! Ours did!

We used someone called Martin as well, not sure if he's the same one and he was very good, I've just found his number it's 07708 748116, he used come a few times a day and let dogs out and feed them so it meant we could go on holiday and could leave dogs at home.

I have a dog.

I cant leave him alone for a week, i have no one really who can look after him as he needs to stay in and around my house.i wont kennel him as i dont want to stress him out.

So what can i do? Is there a house sitting service or a dog sitting and walking service i can pay for?

I would suggest "Hound & House" the lady has a good reputation.

I would suggest "Hound & House" the lady has a good reputation.

We do offer house pet sitting but we fill up fast , we are booked til 2014 now which is amazing , please make sure they are CRB checked and have house sitting insurance on their public liability insurance also check references out properly

Can't you take your dog with you? Depends where you are going of course but there is always the option of holidays within the UK - Scotland, Cornwall etc. Alternatively if driving abroad it is relatively straightforward to take dogs on the ferry now with the Pet Passport scheme. Our dog has been all over Western Europe from Spain to the Balkans, I couldn't go without him. Whatever you do, good luck.

Hi, I offer pet sitting. I can either come and see to him twice a day, or alternatively I can stay over at your house to look after him. What dates are you going away? And what area do you live in?

I have insurance that covers me for staying at your house, and dog walking insurance, so your dog will be covered by my insurance both inside and outside of the house. I have written references, but I can also give you phone numbers of people I have house sat for before, so you can hear it from them for yourself.

Get in touch if you're interested :)

Edited by alexo815
Missed out something

Hi, I offer pet sitting. I can either come and see to him twice a day, or alternatively I can stay over at your house to look after him. What dates are you going away? And what area do you live in?

I have insurance that covers me for staying at your house, and dog walking insurance, so your dog will be covered by my insurance both inside and outside of the house. I have written references, but I can also give you phone numbers of people I have house sat for before, so you can hear it from them for yourself.

Get in touch if you're interested :)

two visits isn't really good cover for a dog alone all day and it may be ok for the odd day but its not good cover over a period of a week.