Balloons in the sky

Any one else see all the blue and silver helium balloons, going over parson cross yesterday afternoon, any one know what they were for?

Any one else see all the blue and silver helium balloons, going over parson cross yesterday afternoon, any one know what they were for?

I'd guess it was a wedding party.

I often wonder when you see the times when it seems required to let loose dozens of balloons why the people doing this aren't being charged with littering, I'd imagine that if some-one stood on top of a building chucking off handfuls of leaflets they'd be in ttrouble. Same thing with those chinese lanterns, where does all this dettritus end up?

The Chinese lanterns are advertised as bio-degradable but don't see how they can be with a metal frame!

I often wonder when you see the times when it seems required to let loose dozens of balloons why the people doing this aren't being charged with littering, I'd imagine that if some-one stood on top of a building chucking off handfuls of leaflets they'd be in ttrouble. Same thing with those chinese lanterns, where does all this dettritus end up?

Indeed. One was blowing about in my field this morning, it was star shaped. It eventually blew into next doors field, but it's still a job for someone to clean up after these people.

Also apparently helium is becoming increasingly rare, and it's needed for some medical procedures, if I remember rightly. I listened to something recently about this, and the expert was saying that in years to come people will be aghast that so much of it was wasted on frivolous balloons, as it's a finite resource.

Indeed. One was blowing about in my field this morning, it was star shaped. It eventually blew into next doors field, but it's still a job for someone to clean up after these people.

Also apparently helium is becoming increasingly rare, and it's needed for some medical procedures, if I remember rightly. I listened to something recently about this, and the expert was saying that in years to come people will be aghast that so much of it was wasted on frivolous balloons, as it's a finite resource.

Surely the landed-gentry have some plebs to clean up the estate?

Surely the landed-gentry have some plebs to clean up the estate?

Maybe the landed gentry do, but as the impoverished owner of a mere 3 and half acreas I don't have any peasants to do it for me, sadly.